Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alpinestarts are starting to smell.... do they sell glove liners?

How do you keep yours fresh?

thanks

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I really don't worry about it. If it bothers you that bad just put an oder eater in them. Or you could try Fabreez.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
fireblaz said:
put bouce dryer sheets in the gloves thats what i do when my wife starts complaning about the smell also my boots to

that's a damn good idea there. Have to remember that :dblthumb

·
Registered
471 Posts
i wear leather boots for 12 hours a day during work all day during hot florida summer.. to keep them fresh, at the end of the day, i will crumple up some dry newspaper into balls and stuff the boots at the end of the night. The dry newspaper will draw the moisture out of the boot and into the paper...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just do what i do. Wash them.... i just put the washer on delicate. and put like 4 tea spoons of liquid soap. Just dont wash it with other coths since it will stain it black... After you wash it wear it for like 20 min and it will fit perfectly to your hands.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stuff a maxi pad inside them, they will smell nice and you will be able to go horseback riding, climbing, swimming and all kinds of things ! just like in the commercials

·
Registered
539 Posts
FloridaMike said:
i wear leather boots for 12 hours a day during work all day during hot florida summer.. to keep them fresh, at the end of the day, i will crumple up some dry newspaper into balls and stuff the boots at the end of the night. The dry newspaper will draw the moisture out of the boot and into the paper...
How about a slice of bread. :lao j/k

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
MT Wallet said:
ok I will consider that.

I'm a bit leery of washing leather though :(
There is no reason you can't wash leather by hand (though I don't really know about the machine.) It's skin, which (hopefully) you wash on a regular basis. If you saw what they did to it to tan it, you wouldn't be so worried. It survived vats of toxic chemicals, didn't it?

The problem with water and leather is purely about improper drying or not drying. If you take your boots to a saddle maker to get them stretched, he'll first soak them in water.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts