Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started a new job that requires me to wake up at 7:30am. im not really a morning person, and i dont get to sleep usually until 1-2am, so i have a tough time getting up. im usually in bed by 10pm trying to fall asleep but i usually just lay there watching tv.

any tips for waking up early in the morning? i can usually drag myself outta bed and be awake my about 8:30 at work, but it sucks. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Here's a tip, crank your alarm clock volume way up!!! I've been getting up for work at 4:45 am at the latest for three years now. For me it's not getting any easier. It's just something I know I gotta do.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I set, like, 15 alarms. Then I still don't usually get up. I reset them again for a later time.

Seriuosly though, I set all 3 alarms on my cell phone, and then 2 alarms on my clock. Then when they go off (I have to work at 12:30, so I usually set them for 9 to start) I set them again for an hour later. Then again for an hour later. Then I usually end up getting up around 11 or so.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
I wake up at 0415 every day during the week. The Army got me used to it. One tip, put the alarm far from you!!! Where you can hear it, but have to get up and walk over to turn it off. Wean yourself off the snooze. It's nothing but a crutch.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
busarider54 said:
I wake up at 0415 every day during the week. The Army got me used to it. One tip, put the alarm far from you!!! Where you can hear it, but have to get up and walk over to turn it off. Wean yourself off the snooze. It's nothing but a crutch.
Best advice right there. I actually have my alarm clock outside my room right by my bathroom. When I get up to shut it off, I'm closer to my shower than my bed, so it makes more sense to just get in the shower than get back into bed for another 9 minute snooze.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You should also stop watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force and actually just lay there. Your body will eventually work itself into sleeping earlier.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Date a morning person. My girlfriend just harrasses the hell out of me untill I wake up if I ask her too. She doesn't care cause 98% of the time she's up that early anyways. She has no snooze button, nor can I unplug her, or "accidently" set her hour hand back an hour (mostly because she doesn't have an hour hand).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Go to bed earlier.

I aint a mornin person either, and to make matters worse its the middle of friggin winter here.

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
snigg said:
put the alarm on the otherside of the room. i set my cell phone across the room
you do that it makes you get up to turn it off by the time you get back in bed you wont be tired anymore...once i got used to waking up early idont have a problem any more

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I have to get up at 5am, so I set my alarm for 4am by the time I have to get up i'm so annoyed by the alarm going off every 10 mins that i just get up anyways. I'll never be a morning person or get used to waking up early. It's a struggle everyday

·
who......me????
293 Posts
when i had to get up early in the morning i would set the alarm for about an hour early...then get up and go for a run...in no time i was able to fall asleep earlier, and i felt a hell of a lot better too! now...i don't get up till 4 or 5pm, but then i work nights and dont' go to bed till 9 or10 am

·
Banned
730 Posts
Have a couple of kids. You don't honestly think I'm up posting because I like the "low-traffic" times on SBN do you. :2fingers

·
Registered
691 Posts
Justin726 said:
Best advice right there. I actually have my alarm clock outside my room right by my bathroom. When I get up to shut it off, I'm closer to my shower than my bed, so it makes more sense to just get in the shower than get back into bed for another 9 minute snooze.
This is the way to go. I learned in college that I needed to move my alarm clock so I had to get out of bed to shut it off. I used to turn it off and be back to sleep and not even remember doing it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have to get up at 6 am for work and I am definitely not a morning person. I just do it. It is a struggle every morning, but you just have to get used to going to sleep earlier. I am TIRED by 10 pm now and ready to go to bed. Your body will eventually adjust.

Or, you can go out partying every night for a week or so and wake up at 7 am the next morning. That really sucks. The following week, you stop partying and wake up sober. MUCH easier ;) What I'm saying is you can put it in perspective.

·
Registered
981 Posts
i sleep on a bunkbed futon in my apt (studio...so im strepped for space). my alarm clock is on the opposite side of the apt. i usually roll off the top bunk, land on the floor (downstairs neighbors dont like that much), turn the alarm off, then somehow manage to jump back on to the top bunk and go back to sleep. lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Good grief, I don't know what to tell you.. I'm one of those annoying ppl that wake up at 4:00 or 5:00 automatically. I love the mornings! I suggest that when you get home from your new job that you DONT nap, and go do something fun and that will burn some energy, like ride really hard! so when you do get home, you'll be pooped, and fall asleep at a normal hour.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I work 3 days a week.

What I do is drink a beer or two before bed at 8:00 pm or so. Helps me get sleepy.

Then, I have diner early...at like 6 pm, so when I wake up, I am hungry and want FOOD. It's a mad dash to take a shower and shave so I can have breakfast as soon as possible.

I've gone to work with out breakfast...and almost had heat-stroke/passed out before, so I make sure I have breakfast BEFORE leaving for work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts