Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On 2 wheels...
209 Posts
While the display is either on the odometer or digital tachometer settings, press and hold the 'reset' button for a few seconds. The clock will change to temp...

:cheers

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
MTNBYKR said:
While the display is either on the odometer or digital tachometer settings, press and hold the 'reset' button for a few seconds. The clock will change to temp...

Just make sure it's the odometer or tach and NOT one of your trip meters. That could be annoying.

By the way, it'll go back to the clock when you shut off the bike.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
does anyone know what each bar of the engine temp means? how hot is the engine at 1 bar, 2 bars, etc... ive had it go up to 5 bars once, during rolling thunder crusing through DC at 10 miles an hour. i did that after i had the bike for one day, it really taught me clutch control. and the fact that i had to ride on the DC beltway, which is no joyride.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
According to the instrument and control functions section of the owners manual, the "H" section of the coolant temp indicator flashes when it's time to stop and let the engine cool off. No word on other levels. If the engine is overheating the trouble shooting section only suggests checking coolant level.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
If you really want to know, the diagnostics monitors the coolant temp. When it reaches a bar, shut down the engine and go into diagnostics mode. It will display the current temperature.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
segue00 said:
If you really want to know, the diagnostics monitors the coolant temp. When it reaches a bar, shut down the engine and go into diagnostics mode. It will display the current temperature.
How do i put it into diagnostic mode?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MTNBYKR said:

Thanks for helping me out :beer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts