Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Just another n00b
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, not sure how to ask but here goes. Today at the gym I noticed a cute girl from across the building. I have no idea how, but man she was cute. I guess I'ma sucker for dimples. Anywho, how the heck do I approach her? :confused: I get nervous around cute girls, but when it comes to ugly girls I'm Braveheart :p She was working out (I assume thats what she was doing), but she looked like she was by herself and didn't really know what to do.

Only time I'm social is during some kind of activity, like basketball or other sporting event where you are forced to work with teammates. I can't really say working out is the same thing because I'm usually solo. Other than that, I tend to keep to myself :(

*sigh* this happens all the time :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
quit being a pussy! some other gym rat is gonna move in if you don't act fast, bro!
being in the gym is an activity, and it can be social...so next time you see her...approach her and just be yourself...try to make her laugh-maybe tell her you're a sucker for dimples and introduce yourself...ask her if she's new to the gym..or if you are new to the gym, maybe ask her how she likes it (maybe that way she'll admit she doesn't know alot about the equipment, and you can offer to help her) she'll decide in the first 5 minutes or so if she likes you, so atleast you'll know one way or the other soon enough...ask her if she'd like to join up sometime with some of your other activities(like basketball or other sporting events like you mentioned earlier) if she rejects you? oh well...you can't win 'em all, just don't let it affect your ego...consider it her loss and move on with your work out...

just act interested and try to make her feel relaxed...m

·
RIP Sirkbac
31 Posts
From what I've experienced (basing this on women I've dated in the past), 90% of girls hate when guys hit on them when they are at the gym.

Just a word of advice. If you talk to her, make it look like you're just trying to make friendly banter, don't make it look like you're trying to get her to go on a date with you or something.

·
Registered
765 Posts
JGard18 said:
From what I've experienced (basing this on women I've dated in the past), 90% of girls hate when guys hit on them when they are at the gym.

Just a word of advice. If you talk to her, make it look like you're just trying to make friendly banter, don't make it look like you're trying to get her to go on a date with you or something.
:iamwithstupid (sure wish these freaking Smilies would get added back....FRED!!!!)

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Baldman said:
:iamwithstupid (sure wish these freaking Smilies would get added back....FRED!!!!)
Fred isn't the one working on this, but the smiley ARE coming back soon.

As far as the cute girl goes, if you see her and it looks like she isn't quite sure how to do something right or work a piece of equipment correctly, go and help her out. If you save the day, you never know, maybe she'll be the one starting the conversating with you. A lot of girls are pretty good about that. A girl usually won't approach a random guy, but if the same random guy aproaches her and is nice and just acts like himself instead of a jerk, the girl is usually pretty willing to strike up a conversation.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Plus one to what Justin said. And don't act like you are hitting on her, the gym is a place to work out, not try to work someone out...but if you are polite and helpfull, maybe she will want to get together outside of the gym

·
Registered
765 Posts
Justin726 said:
Fred isn't the one working on this, but the smiley ARE coming back soon.
OFFTOPIC = Strange...when I emailed Fred about a few website errors he told me he was correcting the problems I noted and they were consuming a lot of his time. Am I :confused: , or is it you that is :confused: ???

p.s. Is 'discess' an Ebonics term or did you mean one of the following: 'discuss', 'dissect'? :)

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
JGard18 said:

+1 big time :D

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
how do i approach her?
--from behind, stealthy and silent, brandishing a kitchen knife.....

oh sorry, wrong thread

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
--from behind, stealthy and silent, brandishing a kitchen knife.....

oh sorry, wrong thread

spoken like a true man going through a divorce!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Be as straightforward as possible, but respect that women hate being hit on in the gym.

"Hey, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm keyboard ninja. I don't want to interrupt your workout, but would love to get to know you. Here's my number. Give me a call later."

Then walk away, or BS a bit, but don't be overbearing. Balls totally in her court, and she can return it at her leisure.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
JGard18 said:

Yeah I learned that one the hard way... Especially when you consider washing in her home shower a work out....

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
CasterTroy said:
Jade? nah.....no green there bro ;) Actually, she's got more of a creamy ivory complection...you can see it over in the cubby hole :D

Thank you Caster!!!!!!

Just recently know too many guys about to get a divorce or in the process and they are the ones that are "jaded" because of their situation---not me---I am single, dating and carry no baggage with me--thank you very much!!! :D ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Must depend on age because 90% of the girls I see at the gym are there to meet people and don't actually work out. They usually do cardio for 20 minutes then sit on those machines that work thier inner and outer thighs and do those and talk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
keyboard ninja, just listen to the advice of Russ XL. just be straight forward make it quick and to the point, but be polite about it. Nice and honest. And run for the door!! just kidding about running for the door. If you don't give her your number ask her if she would like to work out with you sometime.

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
Ask her to "spot" you while you bench and rip out a MONSTER of a fart on your last rep!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts