Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am touring france next moth.

as a matter of interest and just in case....

What depth of water can be negotiated by the FZ6 without getting into problems.

I am only talking about the water and not the rocks etc underneath.

Steve

·
Mr Crash :(
5,284 Posts
I wouldn`t go in water that`ll be deeper than the foot pegs... I don`t know though...

Are you thinking you`ll have to cross some rivers in France or something :lol? They have roads there I think :neener

·
butt marker
1,715 Posts
I wouldn't go over the height of your knees. As long as you don't get water into the intake and exhaust, you should be golden.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
+1 on no higher than your knees. 1-1.5 ft of water is no problem. I wouldn't go much over 24" though.

·
Registered
807 Posts
do like ewan and charlie did. just wait for a big truck driven by a guy who doesn't speak your language and majically end up in the back while he drives you over. it's that simple

·
IM A DAD
1,627 Posts
do like ewan and charlie did. just wait for a big truck driven by a guy who doesn't speak your language and majically end up in the back while he drives you over. it's that simple

as far as water crossing.....what about that lil hole on the left side of the motor? will water get in there??

ive only been thru a foot or so.

·
Registered
616 Posts
just jump any/all rivers.

but seriously, make sure you get some pictures of any river crossings!
Do France not have bridges over her rivers? I know the Nazis destroyed most of them retreating in 1944-45, but surely they have re-built a few...:)

·
Cubicle Ostrich
1,785 Posts
someone posted the other day in a thread of 2 fz6's and an fz1 crossing a river thats easily 2 feet deep and they made it... too lazy to search for it right now...

·
FEAR the stapler...
1,230 Posts
+1 on no higher than your knees. 1-1.5 ft of water is no problem. I wouldn't go much over 24" though.
^^^^^^^^^^
This man speaks from experience. Bridges tremble at the sound of his approaching for they know he uses them not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts