Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious: I'm looking at a local Triumph 600 (2004). Beautiful bike with a great price tag, although I'm a bit leery of the costs to repair/maintenance.

On the other hand; any personal opinions on this year/model?

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Those are good bikes. They kind of lack the personality of the triples, but they are pretty competitive with the japanese bikes in terms of performance.

I'll tell you this: Triumph dealerships are MUCH better to deal with than standard japanese dealers. They service while you wait, they do things RIGHT the first time. Plus, they let you test ride any bike you want, pretty much.

The OEM parts are pretty much on par with most other brands. They may be a bit more expensive, but not overly much. And either bikebandit or ronayers ( i forget which) now sells everything for the bikes. VERY NICE.

Where it'll get you is if you try to buy USED parts. They are NOT common bikes, so if you wreck, it's VERY hard to get quality used parts for cheap. It can be done, but it requires a LOT of patience.

They are easy to work on, though... and if you have everything done at a dealer, anyways- it'll be about the same price.

And yeah- buying used triumph parts is kinda my thing... i have three of these bikes sitting in my house and several boxloads of used parts... spares, broken bits, leftovers, and enough to build an entire extra bike.

It's fun!!

:)

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information :)

Does insurance differ on these bikes compaired to other common 600 sport bikes?

·
Registered
33 Posts
+1 on everything kevinwilly said. triumph dealerships are miles ahead of jap dealerships.

as far as insurance, it shouldn't be any higher than other 600's. shop around. several companies, i believe state farm is one, only looks at year and cc. good luck and enjoy the pride of owning a triumph.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Exactly what Kevin said...as for insurance....I paid $38 a month for full coverage on my 2004 600 with State Farm. They consider it is a "gentlemen's sportbike"

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are these good second bikes? I'm moving up from the newbies ninja :)

Most importantly; how well are these bikes built? The main thing I'm looking for is reliability and simply a long-lasting bike.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
You can't break one of these things if you TRY.

A guy on the board, Grashopr, once went like 20,000 miles between oil changes.

He literally TRIED to kill the bike... and it ran like a champ.

:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ride all time like was on track day, use the bike all days and never did break, so i have no complains. It's a great bike with best look and affordable stuffs on it.

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
Interesting info...let me add another bike to my list.... :)

Insurance has lots of variables, Redd, so,me companies (like AAA) only go by engine size. So shop around and get some quotes.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
gngsquared said:
I bought mine used from some crazy cop from Tennessee. They must be well made cause he couldn't kill it.

:eek:nfloor

:eek:nfloor hehehehe And I am willing to bet it still runs top notch doesn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts