Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sucked up and bought a youth helmet. My xs scorpion was just still too big and heavy. Im 20 years old but 95 pounds at 5"2. It's embarrassing.

I looked online and in a few stores and there were very few options! I ended up with a vega 2.0 junior helmet that has a thermoplastic shell they had in store for $90. There was only one good option and only online and it was $400 (shoei I beleive.)

I only ride as passenger a few times a year but I would have felt much better buying a decent helmet in more of the $200 range. Im just not sure what to think

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
Because there are no decent youths. :)

Have you tried an XS and swapping out pads to get a tighter fit?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Asian?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I sucked up and bought a youth helmet. My xs scorpion was just still too big and heavy. Im 20 years old but 95 pounds at 5"2. It's embarrassing.

I looked online and in a few stores and there were very few options! I ended up with a vega 2.0 junior helmet that has a thermoplastic shell they had in store for $90. There was only one good option and only online and it was $400 (shoei I beleive.)

I only ride as passenger a few times a year but I would have felt much better buying a decent helmet in more of the $200 range. Im just not sure what to think
I have always wondered that as well, do they think kids do not deserve to have a protected head?

Nothing embarrassing about having to buy a small helmet. If it helps, I bought my gf (4'10", 98lbs) an xs hjc rpha max helmet ($425) and it fits her perfect. She also had a bell revolver in xs and it fit her as well but it was a really noisy helmet.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Unfortunately, it's a very small market (no pun intended) that most helmet manufacturers don't go after. They can't sell enough to get the cost down to where someone would buy. I had to buy a Vega for my son back in the day. He grew out of it real fast, I think he may have worn it a half dozen times.

Usually, kids don't log as many miles and as hard as it is to say, it's kinda the chance you have to take with a cheaper helmet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a medium and it fits perfectly. Tight but not uncomfortable. Def way lighter too.

It's pretty dumb. Jessica maine is my inspiration to be able to ride but she must have a normal sized head at least lol

No im not Asian im as white and blonde as we come

1 - 11 of 11 Posts