Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I went and bought a 1998 250xr dirtbike. It has a good bit of engine work done to it. Well I tried to learn wheelies on dirt first but it almost seems like there isnt a balance point and I am bring the front end over too many times. I know its too much throttle. But is it easier to do a wheelie on a bike then a dirtbike?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
A dirt bike should have a balance point just like a street bike. It should also be easier to bring the front up, but maybe harder to maintain the balance point. You may need to shift your weight to help the bike/you maintain balance since your weight is a much higher percentage of the total on a dirt bike.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have never ridden dirt before so I know its all rider error. It just seemed like i wasnt getting enough or i was bring the bike over. And i tried different variations. I played with it for about 2 hours. finally i got beat up enough to call it a day

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
A dirtbike is 10000 times easier to do a wheelie on than a streetbike.

Just remember you have a rear brake and a throttle to roll off of it it gets to be to much for ya. Its all about your clutch/throttle control.
If you cannot do a wheelie on a dirtbike, dont even think of trying it on a street bike.

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
I don't see why one would be harder than the other. I have a few of both and I just see it as a balancing act. I do see myself doing wheelies at a higher rate of speed on streetbikes so the room for error is alot less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts