Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a GS500F on craigslist and it seems to be exactly what I'm looking. But I was just wondering if anyone thought there would be any issues with the bike from the pictures the seller sent me of the damage.

This would be my first bike, so I'm not really sure how extensive the damage is from just looking at the pictures, or if it's even possible to tell from the pictures. Thanks for the help guys.

Oh anyone know a good method of removing stickers from a bike without damaging the paint? I can't exactly ride around Gainesville with Miami stickers on my bike...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Heat gun/blow dryer and warm water for the stickers. I'd say some rubbing alcohol would do the trick, but that may be damaging to the paint.

The damage looks mostly cosmetic to me. Light drop on both sides?

·
Banned
911 Posts
It's been dropped on the right side and lowsided/dropped at a low speed on the other. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks like a low speed drop on the left side and a tip over on the right... the bike should be fine going by those pics alone. Stickers are easy to get off, credit card, hair dryer and some Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
I concure, from what you showed there is absolutly nothing to worry about.

Make a deal and get the bike.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
yeah, that is a baby lowside. Nickle and dime the person for all you can LOL

but dont worry about the damage being anything other than cosmetic.

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
That bike has clearly been down in a slide. So if the owner is denying that watch out. Else, that damage is nothing to get too worked up over. Just check around the engine cover for any oil leaks.

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
agree with the left and right side drops.

seems like the stator cover on each side took the blunt of it, as they always do.

if its your first bike, id suggest leaving it with this cosmetic damage and learn to ride as many people drop their first bike

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Agree with Natty, those are very, very light scuff marks. Otherwise the bike is a good buy. So put your money into the bike, some protective riding gear & a lot of practice time in learning best how to ride. Fortunately it is not a peaky engine & has nice torque at the lower revs.

Wish that was avaliable when I started to ride in 1946 for my bike was an Indian 45 SV V-twin with all of 24hp, hand shift, foot clutch & such. YES even the throttle was on the left side!!!!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wish that was avaliable when I started to ride in 1946 for my bike was an Indian 45 SV V-twin with all of 24hp, hand shift, foot clutch & such. YES even the throttle was on the left side!!!!!!!
..and I bet you wish you still had that one...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, everyone.

I'm going to pick it up later this week. I already have all my gear, and I'm scheduled to take the next MSF course offered in my area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts