Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been wanting to get a bike for a couple of years now and finally this summer took the first steaps to getting one.

I think I have like a 'bike fever' or something like that.

My MSF course is set for the end of this month, I've already bought a helment, leather jacket, boots and gloves. But I find myself at the dealership nearly every week drooling over bikes. Heck I even wear my helment sometimes when I'm driving my car....I justify wearing it b/c I'm "breaking it in" and the same can go for my gloves...lol at this rate I'll have them worn out by the time I ever get a bike.

Is their anything I can do to satisfy my urges to be on 2 wheels before I get a bike. I wanna ride so bad but I can't and the MSF course will not come soon enough. I've been looking for the right deal on a 250R in my area but havent come across one yet.

Anyone else have it as bad as I do?

-Jayson

·
Registered
134 Posts
sounds like me..

I been wanting a bike for about 3 months now and I just came up with the cash 2 days ago.

I had bought all my riding gear before doing anything eles which set me back $1200 CDN (JR GPX 2 piece suit, JR Blaster gloves, Alpinestars GPS 3 boots, and a Shark RSG Prisma helmet).

So then I had to save up again to buy the bike. I just took my written test yesterday and aced it. Yesterday afternoon I went to the dealer and filled out the paper work for my new 2004 kawasaki ninja 500R. I have to finance it because I was only able to save up $2000, so I waiting till monday to talk to the brocker and work all the details out. I hopefully will get approved and be riding by tues of this comming week. But all I can think about since friday is getting my bike. Thats one of the reason I found this forum to keep me occupied. lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wanted to buy a bike this fall.. but I've still got some credit card debts I want to pay off... 2300.00 to be exact...

then I have to save up for gear..about 1000.00..
by that time winter will start setting in here in NYC..
then I will have to save up a downpayment....
at that point MSF will be closed so I will have to wait till spring..

this doesnt include the rent and bills etc...

Looks like no bike this year...but come next March.. I'll be good to go!!!
:bananafu:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I feel you guys. I'm moving to Tucson where I'll be able to ride year round so getting a bike actually has a pratical use as a commuter (which is not the case in Chicago). I'll be taking the MSF sometime in the fall and then hopefully have enough cash for a bike in the winter. Riding has been all I've been able to think about.. I can't wait :grinbounc

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Ha, you think you got bike fever now? Wait 'til you HAVE the bike! I eat/drink/sleep/talk/everything bike almost all the time. And your group of friends will soon include mainly fellow riders too. Good stuff.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well everyday is a battle trying not to think of my bike. tomorrow I should hear back from the brocker and hopefully tues have the bike maybe even tomorrow who knows.

I swear its going to take either some really bad whether or some big strong guy to pull me off my bike once I get on it. :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Or wait till you finally have it for a month, and then get stuck in a cage. (short story. wide, deep sink hole + limited experience=driving car) Now I have to save more money for another bike, since the damages were worse than origanally thought, and it was a old bike anyway. I miss it like crazy now, though. I feel for anyone who has "the fever".

·
Registered
519 Posts
yep...my group of friends is always growing with people who ride. Want to cure bike fever quick and cheap...go buy an xr50...i am more addicted to that thing than i am to riding my F4

·
Registered
39 Posts
I been wanting a bike for almost 6 months now! Tryin to save up the $$$. But it's tough bein young and all. The funds are the only thing killing me so far ... damn low-paying job!

·
Registered
9 Posts
the only thing discouraging me from getting a bike sooner than i expected
was:

A: evryone in my family has almost died on one
B: My dad, fears the $$$
C: My Mom fears me dying

so, i cant stop thinking about Motorcycles, i cant wait till that long
awaited day comes when i finally get one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
picking up a 96 z6-e this thursday hopefully

my car decided it needs new brakes so now i have to put off getting gear and insurance :(

so i wont be riding until i get those things

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, just wait until you get bored with the street riding "bug" and get the "trackday bug." :grinbounc That's when stuff gets expensive, and you really come to realize the value of a finger that's not broken! All you new guys enjoy riding, for the most part you sound like a responsible bunch, I didn't hear "I'm getting that new SICK R1 MOFO" once, which is a relief! Ride Safe!

Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have a bike then ride it. Don't be stupid, but I'm sure you can think of a place or two that's secluded. When I was in Florida, the only way to get your bike to the DMV was to drive it there! So find somewhere you know you'll be comfortable (away from traffic) and take it for a gentle spin.

Bikes need love as much as we do :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
TheHub02ss said:
Heck I even wear my helment sometimes when I'm driving my car....I justify wearing it b/c I'm "breaking it in" and the same can go for my gloves...
that's fuggin hilarious :grinbounc

yeah, the fever gets ridiculous once you start riding, especially if you start carving up twisties.

here's a link to check out if leaning is your thang.

http://ridebehindvideos.com/

·
Registered
22 Posts
you think you got the fever try waiting to find a 500cc bike you want and can afford
with your GSX-R 750 hanging on the wall in your garage. Not yet skilled enough to ride the gixxer, but it whistling 'HEY SAILOR" to you like some dock whore everytime you go in the garage to get something.

Trust me I avoid my garage as much as I can :p

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had it for nearly two years but had to give up on account of my age (16 at the time). Now that I'm 18, I'm getting nearer and nearer to purchasing a bike. My parents still say no way. They say I will have to pay my car payments and college if I get one. I'm going to a private school and drive a 2002 Dodge Ram. There's no way I can afford that. I know they'll pay for them still, but I feel bad for going against them. My dad calls motorcycles "death machines." Both my parents know people who died on bikes.

I just can't clear this notion that I can avoid accidents by being a safe rider. Hehe it just seems logical?

Anywho, I have MSF this coming weekend and I'm going to start buying gear this week. I'm going to flip out and go nuts next week after MSF when I have to come home and have no bike to ride :(

·
Registered
203 Posts
NetStalker said:
you think you got the fever try waiting to find a 500cc bike you want and can afford
with your GSX-R 750 hanging on the wall in your garage. Not yet skilled enough to ride the gixxer, but it whistling 'HEY SAILOR" to you like some dock whore everytime you go in the garage to get something.

Trust me I avoid my garage as much as I can :p
HAHA I just read this. That's hilarious!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about..

I check cycletrader.com at least 6 or 7 times a day for about 6 different bikes STATEwide. I've got it ReaL bad too. :alky

1 - 20 of 22 Posts