Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the fourth year in a row, I'm hosting a 10-person track day at Talladega Grand Prix.

Normally, this track day fills up really fast. This year, because of the economy, many of my regular buddies aren't able to book, so I'm opening it up to the first 10 people who register and pay up.

I'm sure anyone who has attended one of these will be willing to pipe up and tell y'all what a great event it is. Very relaxed, lots of fun, more track time than you know what to do with.

Here's the particulars:

Monday, March 23, 2009
10-person track day

Here's the scoop:

3 people on the track at a time.
20 minute sessions starting at 8AM, ending at 5PM

Once everyone books, I'll get us a block of rooms at a hotel at some discount, so if you can let me know if you want a room when you pay, that would help.

$225 per person, a kick-ass lunch will be included.

First 10 people who are PAID IN FULL get a spot. (There are 4 spots remaining at this time). I run it on a true first-come, first-serve basis. Ask the guy who was 11th last year.

If you're interested, either drop me a PM or contact me at [email protected]

See you at the track!
-John Cloonan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man, I'll do that! Kinda surprised at the lack of response this year. I know it's tough out there, but this is an early-season 10-person day!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never thought I'd have this much trouble filling 9 spots on a track day. The economy is worse than I thought!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Never thought I'd have this much trouble filling 9 spots on a track day. The economy is worse than I thought!

It is bad my freind. Just a little useless trivia here, in 86 I meet the original owners of TGPW while riding up in Talledega National Park. The track obviously was built on their farm property. Back in the day we were promised some exclusive rites to be investers.. well things changed. But I turned many a wheel on that track, I went to the Ed Bargy school, got to know him well enough that we got to stay at his house in SC when there were races at Robling Road in Savanaha(sp) I was lucky enough to see/race with Scott Russell when he was a member of the Solimax(sp) racing team. (I think he was the first to break the under 1 min. lap time on the first design) But I just had to share this worthless info:) and wish I could go back since I have got back into it...but unfortunately I am broke also:banana

1 - 11 of 11 Posts