Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do they obtain a SSN#

I was just watching a news special on illegal aliens working in the US. How do illegal aliens get a social security number to work in the US. Some of these aliens were working in places and recieving paychecks.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
If they're recieving payroll paychecks then they are paying taxes.The Goverment is more than likly very happy to give them a SS#.

Makeing them a citizen is a whole nother deal though.My future daughter inlaw has been trying to get citizenship for 20 years now and can't.She served in the US Army and went to Iraq for a year and is still having a hard time.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
in some cases they use numbers from deceased people....

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
If they have a working visa, they are issued SS Numbers.

If they are illegal, a lot of times they have fake cards made - If you've ever really looked at a card, they aren't a secure document at all, just a little white card. Employers are more than happy to accept any card at face value because if it turns out the person is illegal they can get out of trouble by telling the govt that they checked the social security card. People make mistakes on their numbers all the time so any odd payments the social security system gets doesn't always reflect that the cards are being used by illegals so the SSA doesn't report all the odd payments to the INS to check out - the two organizations are just so big they don't really communicate anyhow.

Add to that the article I saw somewhere recently that said the Social Security actually takes these odd payments they receive that can't be matched to a real person and puts them into the general fund. Since the illegals can never claim social security benefits it's like free money being pumped into to the system. More people paying in than will ever draw out is a good thing for the system.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Go to Alvarado St. in downtown LA, you can pick up fake documents there. We used to get out fake IDs there in high school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts