Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the middle of doing the rejetting and smog elimination on my zx 7r Im also gonn get the timing advancer .My question is there a Hotter ignition box aftermarket or is the stock one hot enough?
Im kinda New on the upgrades scene so I havent found all the lil tricks .as soon as my Rear farings come in Ill post pics

·
Registered
39 Posts
CHOP said:
Im in the middle of doing the rejetting and smog elimination on my zx 7r Im also gonn get the timing advancer .My question is there a Hotter ignition box aftermarket or is the stock one hot enough?
Im kinda New on the upgrades scene so I havent found all the lil tricks .as soon as my Rear farings come in Ill post pics
My opinion is the factory-stock one is just fine. I've never heard anything good OR bad about the aftermarket. I say save the $$$.

·
Registered
475 Posts
#1, don't get the K&N - just remove the metal screen from the stock filter
#2, don't waste the money on iridium plugs - instead go with CR9EK's, the much cheaper dual electrode NGK plug.

sorry, i have not used any coils other than stock.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Unless your running alot more compression than stock, the factory ignition will be fine..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tiamat said:
#1, don't get the K&N - just remove the metal screen from the stock filter
#2, don't waste the money on iridium plugs - instead go with CR9EK's, the much cheaper dual electrode NGK plug.

+1 one on this list of things to do :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tiamat why do you say not to get a K&N air filter but to just take the metal screen off the stock, when you have one in your own bike? Besides a K&N is washable. That's alittle contradicting.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I say that because I have a K&N filter in my bike, and the stock filter with the screen removed gives the same performance - and is also washable. I'm just trying to save the guy some money.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just didn't know what way you were going with that, thought you might of had a secret about K&N's and this was better. Sorry.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I found the answer for my hotter spark seems that my PLUG wires and BOOTS are corroded on the inside and the boots arecracked and broken.
Are the wires attached to the coils ?or can I get a aftermarket set (IE accel NGK,..ETC) that will work?answer up guys i need to know quickly
thanx for the number on the plug thats what will be in my bike soon as they come in

·
Registered
475 Posts
the wires are replaceable - there's a cap that screws them down to each post on the coil. The only name I've heard regarding replacement wires (other than stock) is Taylor. Assuming you got the same size of wires, I don't see why you couldn't go with some of those 'crimp them yourself' automotive kits, but don't quote me on that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts