Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all you ZONIS.....

just kidding - Diegans luv the AZ plates on the I-5 cali fwy - in the fast lane - going 50 - and not checking the mirrors to see the stinkeye :flipa

i know - i know - don't be hatin - hell we're all movin from the surf to the dirt anyway ....

ok ok - so i got tired of being flat broke just so i could go to the beach every day .....just venting - you can hate all us socal posers that make traffic worse and worse everyday ... :cry

oh wait - that should be another thread... I'll post that right after i figure out a way to repeal the anti-lanesplitting law - I'll title that thread "overheating is for your bike - not your head"......

Since all you guys will be busy waiting around for your 20 minute session at this weekends Team Ted Track Day - (I am jealous that ya'll have the $$$ to drop on a TD every weekend) :urowned (from the badgixxer) I will have the roads to myself ....... :headbang

I'm thinking of going for my first weekend ride in my new hometown..... as long as this crazy weather isn't going off again .....

any suggestions on where to get away from the heat (and the q-tips) and find a few twists and turns on the way? i live in the far south east (gold canyon?) but thinking i am going to have to travel up north to find anything fun ..... theres got to be a nice canyon or two around here ....(no wise cracks like " try going back to cali " - ok - go ahead - i deserve it)

Oh ya - more importantly - where are the hot spots to stay away from?
- one more ticket and my insurance will drop me .... So i gotta keep away from the piggy piggy's :Overlord
!!!!!!suuuueeeeewwweeeeeee!!!!!! mmmmmmmm baaacooonnn (in classic Homer voice)

guess i better get back to work ....... this thread is way to long and it took me 3 hours to write...... man i am a slacker ... new username: sweatin_slacker ???

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i thought Team Ted was 12 minute sessions.....
i will be in Philbie's garage most of the weekend as we (ok as he and TSAVO) finish prepping the bikes for the TD next weekend (13 & 14) at Arroyo Seco.....
as far as the roads - can't help you out with that one since I'm pretty much strictly track these days...have you tried hooking up with the guys from AZoutlaws.com yet...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12 minutes ?!?!?

12 minute sessions? are the tires even sticky after 12 minutes? oh wait - track temp is 310 F in the summer .... :drunk

maaaaaannnn...... I was afraid that my only chance to get some kneedraggin time would be on the track days ... not that i want to be out there draggin knee on the pebbles and potholes out on a county maintained road in some canyon anyway ..... :cry

great - now I am going to be flat broke all over again ... guess its time to sell the wetsuit and surfboard for some leathers and some slicks .... now if i can just trick the wife into thinking that the savings account was for the race bike and not for the trip to Fiji ....

I can see it now.......

" honey - what happened to the money in the savings account?"
" look in the garage "
reaction: :nutkick

AZoutlaws.com huh?
Ok - but do i have to be able to do an 80mph wheelie to log on? :joke

oh wait that was badgixxer by the airport ...... :urowned ha ha - oh yes i diiid ha ha ha .....

my new username: AZ_Poser

I'd be lucky to get my CBR F3's front tire to skip a few inches off the pavement ...... on my best day .... I did a stoppie once - by accident - i think i sharted at the same time too - thats was an accident also.....

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
you'd be much better off buying atrack bike then you can take a vacation once a month to a different race track in the area....
dudes at AZoutlaws are kewl and you don't have to be a stunter just enjoy riding...
they hit the twisties also, then there is always phoenxsportbikeclub.com or something like that....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool .... I'll check em out .... the problem with me is - one guy guns it and then I'll gun it ... then everyones gunning it .... next thing you know we're all getting caught doin stand ups down the freeway ..... he he .... oh ya - where did that happen ?- I still need to know where the traps are around town ....

I love riding - I put in 2 hours every weekday - but I'm better off riding solo - or maybe its time to run with the big dogs and get a track bike and see if i can pee in the tall weeds .....

now lets see ... what was that savings account number?

wait .. first i have to figure out a way to convince my wife that a weekend track day can be considered a vacation ...... hmmmmm .... that might be harder than keeping up with the asme boys ....

better email KZ2ZX - already missed out on #711's '00 R6 track bike ...

what track is the skittles running around at? that bike was niooocee.... wanted to see it in person ....

so what is the new bike looking like - wheres the pics ?

maybe i'll take the 5 hour trip down to arroyo next weekend ... how can i make it seem like the family is taking a vacation to new mexico ....... use the force luke ... let go luke ......

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i don't really concern myself with where the hot spots are i just ride and if i feel like pulling it up or just cracking the throttle then i do...

i used to ride countless hours on the street then i met the track....

Arroyo Secco isn't far from the Mexican border....

actually kz2zx's r6 race bike is an awesome buy - i was gonna buy it before he did but he beat me to it...

Skittles has moved to the Kansas City area...i think he's gonna end up repainting it flat black...

the new track bike is my 04 636 street bike which is being converted...
Faster Sissy better know as Stalemate27 is doing the paint and i might have it - yeah i really don't know when i'll have but i'm not in a hurry...
not really sure what he's gonna do to the paint job - i told him to do what he wants just no pink or fluffy bunnies....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts