Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just took my bike into the shop to have an exhaust and a PC3R installed. My question would be this, the original dyno prior to the installation was 126, after, 134, The type of exhaust was a devil high mount, is their a normal horsepower "gain" associated with this type of installation?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Was that a full exhaust? 126 to 134 sounds about avg for a full exhaust and a remap. How much did the remapping cost you?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
8 hp seems pretty good to me. Some biikes respond better to mods than others. case in point-A hayabusa with a pipe and filter will gain 6-10 hp but a zx12 can gain up to 15 hp with the same mods.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3/4 exhaust

Sirkbac said:
Was that a full exhaust? 126 to 134 sounds about avg for a full exhaust and a remap. How much did the remapping cost you?
It was a 3/4 exhaust. I also had some other work done, front tire taken off and put back on (gravel in between the rim and tire) 520 conversion kit as well, and had them repair my rear brake light/wiring as I had done something to this when I installed my undertail. Total damage is 555.48.......I already know I am going to hear some good ones on that......

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
They charged you 500 to mount and remount a tire, install a slip on, and put on a new sprocket? Jesus Christ.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured the mapping and dyno was going to be the killer, but your absolutely right.....I now know what business I NEED to be in! And it isn't in the military! Maybe after I retire in 5 years!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts