1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have no idea what that is. Thanks.

·
Registered
987 Posts
dont forget you are going to be competing with people using the CNC at there regular job without paying the maintence fees. If it works though more power too you. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks like your on your way. I hope you do well very few people get rich working for someone else glad to see you trying your own thing good luck :cheers

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The machine is relatively cheap and i work in a machine shop now so tooling will be cheap, i.e free. Thinking of starting out making rearsets, bar ends, framesliders, and levers to start out. Material is one thing i haven't really checked on but i do know a few people in the business that should be able to hook me up there. An other thing is my brother owns and runs his own internet consulting business so my own website will be free.

·
Registered
987 Posts
blueyedevil said:
The machine is relatively cheap and i work in a machine shop now so tooling will be cheap, i.e free. Thinking of starting out making rearsets, bar ends, framesliders, and levers to start out. Material is one thing i haven't really checked on but i do know a few people in the business that should be able to hook me up there. An other thing is my brother owns and runs his own internet consulting business so my own website will be free.

Sounds like a plan. There is some good competition in that field but always room for more if you have good ideas and workmanship. Little word of advice dont try to sell cheap versions of products list your stuff at full price and give discounts to the more price sensitive. You are not going to be able to undercut the really big makers though you can make a better product and charge for it within reason.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
mr24shoe said:
It's a MicroMill 2000.

Yeah I have no idea what that is. Thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a milling machine. You cut metal to make things like rear sets and things of that nature. :bitchslap

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
sweet...you know, i could use some rearsets :) lemme know when you get up and running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts