Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm officially broke for the rest of June. Went and bought some parts for the Kan-o-tuna (that now I'm starting to call Kan-o-crap).

New sparkplugs, sparkplug wires and boots and air filters. Hope this works!

Kan-o-tuna problems part 1: http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280738

Think I've got enough left on my budget for gas and a little bit of fun.

Attachments

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For all that said the problem were the sparkplug cables, I'm afraid...

You were correct!!!

Found the bike had a different kind of sparkplugs, not the ones required for it, changed the sparkplugs and wires and now the thing pulls like a freight train!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

Yep, forks are fixed, now I'm ready to ride it!!! (Finally!!!)

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Oooof susser! Check the easy chit first ALWAYS...then after that consult us, should be downhill from there.
Goodluck...with the chick and the bike :)

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Got any more pics of the bike put back together? Glad you got it all worked out. It's only money man, you only live once!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Is it popping and surging alot with those individual filters??? Or is it already tuned for individual filters? If it wasn't I would imagine it pulls like a golf cart compared to what it could do those individual filters can really throw things out of wack, from what I've seen at least.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
awesome! yeah ALWAYS check the simple external stuff first.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jackal79 said:
Is it popping and surging alot with those individual filters??? Or is it already tuned for individual filters? If it wasn't I would imagine it pulls like a golf cart compared to what it could do those individual filters can really throw things out of wack, from what I've seen at least.
It is not popping nor surging, but the low end seems extremely weak. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact it is a CA bike with 105 main jets :bitchslap

Will rejet it as soon as I've got some money, by now I'm dry.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about the jetting now, even if it is a CA bike, it was jetted to run at sea level, so running at 2200 meters (~1.37 miles) over the sea level kind of compensate.

And I'm extremely happy with the end result, the bike is perfectly rideable, pulls very strong and is a blast!

Can't wait till I re-jet it and get some decent tires for it, by now I'm taking it slowly on the twisties (but it is way more fun than the U2, now the uphill twisties are fun!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts