Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We missed having another "Hundred Year Ice Storm" just four years after the last one. Hope everyone on here who was or will be in the storms path got through unscathed.

Last ice storm I was w/out power for two weeks. Everyone here was dreading a repeat but we got by by the skin of our teeth. It stayed just warm enough to keep most of the precipitation from freezing. We got around half an inch of ice.

We never had a flicker in our power all through the storm. About 1500 in our electric co-op's area went w/out for about 3.5 hours. In an ironic twist, as I was leaving for work this morning I heard three huge booms not unlike the Russian meteor sonic booms/explosions. A tree fell across our lines behind my old barn. Called North Arkansas Electric and they had me fixed in under an hour.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Yuck. Someone else I saw was dealing with it.

Its headed our way but night nearly to the extent you goes got it. Glad you managed okay!

Reactions: kirkeb

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
:eek:nfloor

let me grab my survival kit and genset.

nah I'm kiddin. good to hear it missed ya.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
We got the edge of it, maybe 5 or 6 inches of snow after starting out as freezing drizzle last night. Overall not too bad. Bobtailing in the truck was a hoot this morning!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts