Sport Bikes banner

Hookah

5K views 116 replies 29 participants last post by  BrianJones 
#1 ·
Just wondering for anyone here who smokes hookah, I need to order some more shishah, but wanting to know of some favorites to try out something different. :luvpanda

#2 ·
Watermelon + pomegranate is one of my all time favs.

This summer I tried something that I think was called "sweet melon" and I totally LOVED it but I haven't found any of this stuff around here.

Mint and cherry isn't bad either.

What about you - give us some ideas :)

#3 ·
I'll have to try the watermelon and pomegranate. I had kiwi which is my favorite so far, and mint citrus. The kiwi is very high in nicotine though. Enough to make your stomac a bit sick if you like taking long drags like me (learned that the first time). Strawberry+vanilla is good for a nice strawberries and cream type flavor, but the vanilla by itself is blech.

#4 ·
Fuckin drugies..

Kidding. I'm kind of curious, but I just quite smoking about a year ago. I got a feeling fucking with hookahs wouldnt be a good idea for me just yet.

#5 · (Edited)
Starbuzz Shisha 250g Flavor - Starbuzz Shisha Tobacco at Hookah-Shisha.com

Code 69
X on the beach
Watermelon (can't go wrong with that)

Those are prob my top three from Starbuzz

you wanna get a real nice buzz check out Tangiers

Tangiers Shisha & Hookah Tobacco at Hookah-Shisha.com

It's a pretty tough shisha to get smoking right. Read up on forums about it, there's some prep work to be done with it.

Also....coals are very important. Dont use cheap ass quick light coals.

Chronic Natural Hookah Charcoals - 3 Box Super Pack - Natural Hookah Coals at Hookah-Shisha.com

Those are what I used back at school and they're great. They don't give that weird ass flavor that quick light coals give.

#7 ·
peach is the only one i hate.

but looking back 5 years ago, Hookah is stupid now that I think about it, its all about being seen doing something. just get flavored cigars. Let me guess you're a freshman in college? sounds about right for Hookah. I used to frequent on the weekends with my african american brethren whilst in college.

if they have it, try cherry coca cola flavor!

#9 ·
you ignorant asshole.... Maybe for punk ass kids its a "cool social status" thing... But next time you visit a middle eastern country to tell them they all smoke hookah for looks and see how far that gets you.

That being said I almost always smoke the house blend. It's the fucking tits.

#12 ·
double tap

#18 ·
LOL cool. Maybe I can talk his highness into attending with his sweet chicken nuggets and frys kids meal ;) lmao. I would love to go. I will let you know tomorrow... Shouldn't be an issue.

I am working road ways...specifically on/off ramps of the clover leaf fashion. So a lot of sitting here... Not so much with the driving so not me! Just bad texting skills... Unless you were chastising your self LOL!

#19 ·
I picked it up from my time in Iraq and Qatar. I really enjoy lemon and lime. Grape isn't too bad either.

#30 ·
no kidding!!!! he is a cutie that and he is just a kick ass owner!

I am sad you couldn't come last night- we had quiet a bit of fun- it was the same lame black haired dancer as last time- but she finally went away and I got to have my fun- we had the whole place going- it was awesome.

5 hours is my one way trip to home lol.

I'm glad I have my own hookah and don't have to go to hookah bars. They're fun, but expensive
as pointed out- this isn't "just a hookah bar" we don't always smoke... but if there are two or three people we tend to.

they are only expensive if they make you pay ;) he he he he We typically close the place down and to be fair.... I don't think we have paid for hookah there in almost two or three years. LMAO

I will see if they sell their house blend- I could try to pick some up and send it to you. I do know you have to pack it and prep it but I don't every do it- I just watch them do it. so I don't know the full process they use.

#28 ·
How do you "acclimate" it? Thanks.

#25 ·
Picked up some California Dreams (recommended at my smoke shop) and some Pomegranite. Will try the P later, the CD is pretty good though! Very thick smoke.

#27 · (Edited)
yeah, its not just about flavor, brand matters. I personally hate starbuzz, it's expensive and doesn't give a good hookah buzz. Golden Laylena is alright if thats all you can get, but its very juicy and the molasses will drip down and you have to clean it. All i smoke is tangiers lol, its the best brand IMO, great taste, unique flavours (like Sour, tastes just like sour patch kids, and ******** ball.) and a great buzz.

#32 ·
last night was kind of a last minute thing- we owed Ken dinner and now they offer the full menu so there are more food choices for those who don't like the full feast (win-win for everyone) We stayed later than I thought- but the whole no sleep + wine and good music combo got me really going for a good 2 hours past what I would have been good for without it.

Jamie was talking about doing a road trip- but we can't do road trip +_dinner LOL.

I don't know what we are doing next weekend- but I think he said he thought he had a date in November for me to work- but those are mostly friday's. I dunno- tell me when you are free and we will make a weekend out of it!!!

#36 ·
Friday's are almost impossible for me because it would be 8 or 9 til he got here for the kids. With enough notice and for a special occasion, I could have Sammie watch them until he got here, so I could do a Friday.

Um, yes, road trips + dinner reservations + us = us changing in a parking lot to walk into a reservation we changed twice thirty minutes late. :fail

Not sure what's going on the first weekend in November, but the kids will be with him, so that would be a good full weekend. I have plans during the day on Saturday, but could easily make it out there by 6ish.

#33 ·
The best tasting hookah I've ever had was strawberry pulled through milk instead of water. It tasted like a cream saver. Rose and mint has a pretty interesting taste as well. I didn't like it much, but most of the people I was with loved it.

#34 · (Edited)
Strawberry pulled through milk huh? I hope that hookah was thrown away afterwards. Unless Zeus himself cleaned it. Ive done the Chocolate flavored shisha through milk and while it tasted out of this world, the milk would foam up and got into the hose. Had to throw away that hose and hookah because no matter how hard i cleaned it it and what i smoked through it, it tasted like sour milk.
If it isn't water, don't put it in the base. But you can do fun things like put blueberries in the water. I did that with vanilla flavored shisha and it tasted awesome. Another thing i would do was put cherry coke in the base and smoke cherry shisha. That was great, but i'd have to clean the hookah right afterwards to prevent the base and downstem from getting stained.
Which brings me to another point.
Buy some Formula 420 and a brush set and CLEAN IT. a CLEAN hookah smokes WORLDS better than a dirty one. And if you buy a new hose, make sure it's a washable one. Friend of mine made a mistake of not buying a washable one and the first flavor we smoked out of tainted the hose, so it always had that flavor. that was a waste of $20.

Also, to acclimate tangiers, just put it in a plastic container and leave it where you smoke. Let it sit opened up for a few hours. When it doesn't smell like barbecue sauce is when it's ready to smoke.

Edit: But really, buy an alien phunnel bowl, coconara coals, and some tangiers from hookahjohn.com
Make sure to get atleast 250g of Tangiers F-line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.