Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you NE residents, put my anti-Nebraska mind to rest if possible.

When I think of that state, all I think of is flat, boring, straight roads with not much scenery either. Basically like Florida, but with nothing to look at.

Now a lot of folks seem to think Iowa has no motorcycling roads either, when in fact not only are there some great roads around here, but the entire NorthEast portion of this state is basically nothing BUT awesome motorcycling roads (it's true).

Now, I've driven through Nebraska on my way out West before many times, but only on I-80 to make time. Obviously, everyone knows you aren't gonna find the twisties in the MidWest by taking main highways and interstates: you gotta hit the county roads and other roads less traveled.

What does Nebraska have to offer the curve-craving motorcycle enthusiast? I'm truely interested to know so I can stop feeling bad for those who live in the state lol.

Obviously not much action is seen in this section, so if it stays dormant for a while I'll just move it to the General section for more exposure.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I've been across a good pretty good amout of the state. I can say, no, there is nothing that I would consider twisties. There are some areas in the central part of the state around the sand hills where you can find some pretty good sweepers, but nothing to tight. The vast majority of everything is pertty wide open and flat which doesn't create a need for road crews to build twisties. There might be a couple ares in the far east side of the state close to the river that might have a couple good curves sice there are a few hills and stuff around there, but I think the even "better" areas would be just across the river in Iowa. I've heard of some Omaha guys talk about going riding in the Loess Hills area.

That's about the best I can give ya. The South Dakota Black Hills, Colorado Rocky Mountains, or the Arkansas Ozarks are all within an easy days ride so those are pretty good vacation destinations for a bike trip. Just nothing to much local like you were asking about. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Just come to North Carolina for a long week end and run the tail of the dragon, get all the turns you need for a few months.

Mark

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
^^ I rode out there about 3 years ago. Definitely a trip worth making at least once in your life. Plenty of other great roads out there other than the Dragon as well.

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you guys have a favorite road or roads in NE that you like to ride? Even if it isn't that curvy, maybe it has some nice or interesting scenery.

Any pics of said road/scenery?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.