Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Thats why there engineers get paid all that money (duh)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
In 1990 certain V-6 Pontiac Fieros were recalled in Canada to reduce the possibility of engine compartment fires. A similar recall was conducted in the United Sates for U.S. Fiero owners, possibly at an earlier date than the Canadian recall. This web page applies to Canada. If you are a U.S. Fiero owner you should visit the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) web site and search for Fiero recalls, to find the equivalent U.S.-applicable recall data

Transport Canada information noted the Canadian recall applied to 8,919 Fieros in the 1985, 1986, 1987, and 1988 model years, describing the recall (Transport Canada Recall Number 1990101, Campaign Code 0A20/90042), as affecting:

"...vehicles equipped with 2.8 litre,6 cylinder engines. An interaction of the engine compartment environment and maintenance or service related factors could create the potential for an engine compartment fire which could spread to the passenger compartment. Correction: vehicles will have a manifold deflector installed, a PCV system modification, a minor change to deck lid sealing and a general inspection (and repair as necessary) of underhood fluid and wiring systems. Additionally, 1985-86 model year vehicles will have a new exhaust manifold installed to bring them up to 1987-88 specifications."
http://frontpage.execulink.com/kerisler/vehicle.htm

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but the threads not about cars that are old and have recalls. :rolleyes

Ford had to recall almost a decades worth of cars because of ignition switch fires, and theres a lot of asian vehicles that have plenty of recalls also. Ive seen all types of cars that start on fire due to different mechanical issues.

A new car that starts on fire because of an oil filter is sad.

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
Theres is no recall on the CRVs for this. Its from dumbshit lube techs who dont know any better than to clean up the oil that gets dripped into the frame rail and exhaust on the right side of the vehicle below the filter. You really should do your homework Fiero. Your spouting misinformation that you have zero firsthand info about.

Heres the quote from the link you provided.
"We consulted with Honda. Honda concluded it was a technician's error, and they have taken steps to make sure service technicians who work on this vehicle understand that they need to be particularly diligent when they replace the oil filter," NHTSA spokesman Rae Tyson was quoted as saying.
If you really want to get into the recall thing Im sure I can dig up recalls on every make out there, but you seem intent on poking at the Japanese imports. The funny thing is I watched a show tonite on the history of the Auto, and they talked about how the Japanese have influenced how the American aoutomakers now build their cars. Because as the chairman of Ford put it. "Mazda has a great way of building cars and since we work very closely with them we (Ford) have learned alot about making a quality product and streamlining our production practices."

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did do my homework.

bad engineers. you know, where it takes an hour to remove a battery because they decided to put everything in its way.

They didn't take account of all possibilities of things to happen. Just like poor programmers not thinking of y2k.

My buddy who hates asian cars but not as much as me. States the same thing(hes from that era) asians influenced the american manufac to build their cars differently.
.... wait i dont hate it, im just proving their not the greatest thing like people say.

the ford probe is a mazda vehicle. I think they have another one thats a cross breed.

oh btw, you flaming me, It was me telling racerX this isn't about old cars and recalls. Read post number 6 :twofinger

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
An hour to remove a battery? Which model? :bs

No Im afraid you havent, you simply went with an internet story about something that has happened to a minute percentage of all the CRVs sold. Ill even take pictures of the underside of a CRV, so you will be able to firsthand make your own conclusion. We (the techs in the shop) have all been briefed on what the deal is.

As far as flaming you, point it out. If its there Ill be the first one to sack up and appologize, but it aint there.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think its the dodge neon. You need to access it via the wheel splash guard.

Some of the GMs, you need to swing the engine compartment brace over, just to get to the battery on the FWD. It is a lot worse on the FWD vans. Those side posts really freaking suck, especially when you gotta jump start them.

VW beetles, u gotta lift the rear seat up. mmm buggy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Try a mid-90's Chevy Lumina car. Move the engine brace, take off the washer fluid jug, and then try to work that bad boy out of the fender well. American over-engineered, although they did have a lot of interior space.

There's give and take about every car manufacturer, someone is just going to pick one to bitch about just because they feel like it. Deep down, most people realize that they all pretty much suck or don't suck about the same. Especially now that Benz has improved Crap-ler so much!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts