Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone ever custom make an undertail fender for their f2 or f3. I am thinking about making one for my F2 soon and I just wanted to get some ideas. I don't really want anything that is going to cost hundreds of dollars. All that I want to do is clean it up a little bit. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that looks nice, but on my bike, the fender is cut out under the brake light and that is where the license plate is. Did you make something to go there? yours looks so damn clean. Where did you get that seat cover and the turn signals? Prices? thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you look closely (you can see it in the 2nd pic), there is a metal plate that goes up right underneath the brake light. The kit came with a signal/brake light integrator (that I didn't use) and a license plate holder. The license plate should have been right about where my turn signals are at. I just repositioned it underneath the seat where it is lit up by a red LED. I bought the kit off of EBay for $93. The seat cover is by Targa ($100). The signal lights are from compettition accessories ($15), but I'm going to change them because you really can't see them during the day.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a little too much money, but it looks really nice. I think I am going to try and get some black plastic or something and smooth out the bottom so you can't see into the bottom of the tail section. Anyone ever do this??

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice find... just wish it was for an f2/f3. But, yeah that is what I am planning on doing. Thanks. Anyone do this for their f2/f3?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know there are many current and former f2 and f3 owners out there.... any help?

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you're not looking for an undertail, just something to clean up the giant plastic fender, turn signals, and license plate light you could do a little cutting. Trim down your stock rear fender so that it doesn't stick down passed the tail fairings, or so that it just barely sticks down so you have somewhere to bolt your turn signals and license plate.

I've got a trunk kit on mine, so there's a little box sticking out the back, which is where I mounted my plate. Here's a couple of pictures. Depending on what year you've got you could stuff your turn signals into the corners or your tail light to get rid of the big bendy ones. It only cost a couple bucks for the bulb sockets and a little time trimming and cutting. Fun and easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did mine a few weeks ago and basically just chopped the blinkers off and ran some little bulbs in to the tail light to use as the blinker. it ended up costing about 5 bucks, and works perfect. the license plate fits perfectly right udner the tail light with some generic brackets. I just winged it, and it's cool.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
see my problem is that I can see my battery and underneath my seat.... i want to get rid of that. I tried to make an undertail, but it didn't look too good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts