Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am 4'11, 103lbs. I have had the MSF class, and have ridden over 4100 miles. I am still getting trouble every now and then on gravel when I am trying to park my motorcycle, and of course I am going slow. I am always in a turn situation. I have already dropped this bike 1.5 inches, and I am thinking about dropping it again to lower the center of gravity so I can use my legs to guide this bike like the big boys do to turn it and park it...anybody have any suggestions. I have to fly around stuff to turn this bike. If I see that I have a sharp turn at a stop sign to the right I have to stop a major distance back to have at least 15 to 18 mph speed or I can't corner it. I need some suggestions from people with experience here.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Are you saying you need to be able to put your feet down? the bike should be able to take a sharp turn without going fast and with our feet up in position. Use the handle bars to turn at really slow speeds and be smooth with the throttle. Practice makes perfect. Put on some good safety gear and go play in an empty parking lot like you did in MSF.
Gravel is always scary regardless. You don't want to go fast enough to have to lean on gravel and you want to be light on both the brakes and throttle... and if you start to tip and your foot slips / sinks in, you're just screwed, try to not get squashed or burnt.

If you just can't get comfortable on it, you could always buy a smaller lighter bike outside of the cruiser genre. My supermoto laughs at parking lots. It feels like a bicycle after the cruiser.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply....I never have a hard time anywhere except my own yard and you said it perfectly and this is the condition: "and if you start to tip and your foot slips / sinks in, you're just screwed." This is it right here. Once this happens and it happens more than I'd like to admit....coming back wrecks my nerves...I seem to make it out just fine...What would be a lighter bike with highway speed capability?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts