Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 2001 F4i for a price I can't turn down. I am definatly getting to bike so that isn't the question. What I want to know is there any known reoccuring problems or anything to look for in these bikes. It is bone stock except for a micron slip-on. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Its a good bike. Like he said, cct. Outher then that check to see how many times the oil has been changed. At 10K it should have been changed at least 4 times. The air filter is also over looked because its a pain in the ass to get to. But it has to be done. that will give you an idea of the condition of the engine.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a little update. picked up the bike last night. silver and black 01 f4i with 5k miles. has some damage. needs new front upper, mirror bracket, windscreen (bought already), clutch lever (bought), and mirrors. has some mounting tabs on the headlight broken but can be easily fixed. right side plastics are rashed but has no cracks so i'm fine with this. brand new bt010 front and rear. bike runs like a top with no signs of a bad cct. and best of all i spent less than $1k on the bike so i practically stole the damn thing.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
Ya CCT is usually an issue, my buddy has one just like it and he loves it, it'll gets low in the twisties too! Have fun and gr8 deal!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noran01 said:
Nice...clear or slavage title? I need to start looking in PA for used bikes ;)
yeah its a salvage. i bought from my cousin and i know it was well taken care of. he it a deer and laid it down on the right side. thats why some pieces on the front need replaced. frame and forks are straight so i figured why not for the price. i plan on fixing it and keeping it as my main bike so i dont really care about the salvage title

·
Registered
284 Posts
cct = cam chain tensioner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts