Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I know this is probably a really really dumb question, but I have a 2002 f4i and I cant figure out how to take the rear reflectors off. Each reflector looks like it is held in place by some kind of special screw which I don't have a tool for. I can take the reflectors themselves off since they are just bolted on, however the bracket that holds the reflector which is screwed into the bottom of the 2nd seat has some kind of special screw. I looked in my honda tool bag, but none of the tools in there work. The reflectors are located right under the second seat and point out from each side of the bike. If anybody could help me out, that would be great. I can also post some pics of my bike if u guys don't know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think you are talking about these, correct? If so, I am about to do some major work to my bike as well...I have looked at these because I am about to install a new undertail and I believe these are held in by a pop rivet. I haven't investigated on how to take them off, but I'm guessing I will have to pop them out from the top side, probably from within my current storage area. I will be doing this probably this week sometime, I'll let you know what I find out... :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I used a drill bit and just drilled them till they let go and came out. Just like you would a pop rivet. Just be steady and careful and they will come out alright.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah those reflectors are exactly what i'm talking about mtnryder. I tried to get to them from the storage area, and I could feel them, but I couldnt get my hand down far enough to push them out. I guess I could always just drill them out like thebird said, but I was just hopeing there would be an easier way.
Thanks for the help guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts