Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First and foremost, up until this past weekend I was NEVER a 600cc enthusiast for Honda (b***** classes were fine), until I seen a 600RR up close and personal. All I can say is, WOW!

Just a few questions for all of you honda lovers out there.

What's the difference between the 03 and 04' 600 RR? Colours? Specs? The bike I seen looked similar to this picture http://www.sportbikes.net/photos/showphoto.php/photo/4264/sort/1/cat/550/page/1. The 600RR I seen had the lower fairing painted completely black. It made the bike.

One big reason I never enjoyed Honda was due to the F4/F3 'long' look to them. I'm not sure if it was just the seat, or the entire look of the bike that made it look long; however, the 600RR is nothing like this!

Any info would be great!
I may have found my new love ;)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
152 Posts
differences, i think none. BTW, the f4i is lighter than the 600rr. that's why honda doesn't compete in the ama supersport class anymore. the ama rules are pretty strict as to how much you can modify them. honda got their asses handed to them last year bcuz in "close to stock form", the 600rr couldn't keep up w/the other 600s. at least the f4i won some ama/japanese/world supersport championships. BUT the 600rr did win the world supersport championship last year. they allow more modifications than ama rules. but i'd get the rr if i had to pick. undertail pipe, no doubt about it!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I've got over 20,000 miles on my 03 with no complants.Only thing I've had to do other than change oil is replace the chain and sprocketts at 18,000.

Go here and do a little reading.You'll find a few racers and most any mod that can be done to it.

www.600rr.net

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only difference between the 03 and the 04 is the colors. I have an 03 w/ 8K on it and haven't had ANY problems with it. If I were you I'd wait till 05 and see what changes they make though. I think the new one will be SIC!!! :leghump

2 GREAT SITES
600rr.net
cbr600rr.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts