Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come to my attention that all the recent crash/accident posts have involved Honda 600RR motorcycles… anyone care to explain why this is happening?

Is this just one big giant conspiracy!

·
Registered
308 Posts
simple.... too many people are buying them as first bikes.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
Tony824 said:
wow, i wouldn't doubt it. wonder if there is something that could back that up, that would be the end all pursuasive argument.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
wow, i wouldn't doubt it. wonder if there is something that could back that up, that would be the end all pursuasive argument.
Well, it is the only 600 with an Undertail exhaust. Appealing to those with the train of thought of buying the best looking bike to them, and not the one that suits them best(riding position, weight etc.).

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
because its a honda lol:biggrinag

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Well how many things have you seen with a wrecked 600RR? last one I saw was of a kawa......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hahahhahahhaha

I lowsided mine a few weeks ago.

I wasnt being dumb or anything really.... just some bad luck.

Death machines indeed. I love it.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Looks good from side view. Rear view? Cat's ass.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tony824 said:
+1

In Australia when you first get your bike licence you are restricted to machines (machines, lol) 250cc and under. When you have done your 12 months on the 2 fiddys then you may sit your "open class" licence and get whatever bike you want.

People diss the Govt. for the 250 rule, but it is there for a purpose - it makes you get experience on a bike that is a lot more forgiving than a 600 or 1000.

·
Registered
461 Posts
chance42 said:
Well, it is the only 600 with an Undertail exhaust. Appealing to those with the train of thought of buying the best looking bike to them, and not the one that suits them best(riding position, weight etc.).

+1

I see more squids on this bike than anything else.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well my friend wrote off his 600RR about a month ago.
Broke his foot and the peg went through his leg, not pretty at all.

Had to talk a guy out of buying his girlfriend a 600RR last night. He rides a 1000RR and she has yet to ride a bike, has only ever been a passenger. Asked him if he wanted her around for awhile and if he had got life insurance on her recently. He laughed and said she would "outgrow" a smaller bike too fast. So I turned to her and I said "don't get a 600RR as your first bike, get something smaller for the first season and go from there".
She had more sense then her boyfriend and said she wanted something smaller but he wasn't listening to her. Pisses me off cause he is making choices for her that could cost her life.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
chance42 said:
Maybe the only SS 600 with undertail. The FZ6 has stock undertail. Altho it is naked, it does sport a 600 worthy of some newbies.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ummmm too many n00bs that don't know how to handle a bike. It maybe a 600 but alot more 600 then a 3 yr old model...

·
Registered
706 Posts
First and foremost, sorry to hear about your buddy, hope everything heals well.

Second,

SportyChick said:
He laughed and said she would "outgrow" a smaller bike too fast.

This absolutely drive's me crazy to hear. How can you outgrow even a 500 that fast. That usually means you are somewhat used to the throttle and can handle the bike casually riding around town. If someone wants a 600, that's their business, and I stay out of it, but why give such a lame crappy excuse like that? (ok, I'm done now)

edit: AND HE'S NOT EVEN TALIKING ABOUT HIMSELF, BUT SOMEONE HE IS SUPPOSED TO CARE ABOUT...... MORON!! (now I'm really done)

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Road Warrior said:
+1

In Australia when you first get your bike licence you are restricted to machines (machines, lol) 250cc and under. When you have done your 12 months on the 2 fiddys then you may sit your "open class" licence and get whatever bike you want.

People diss the Govt. for the 250 rule, but it is there for a purpose - it makes you get experience on a bike that is a lot more forgiving than a 600 or 1000.

This honeslty would be a good law here in the states IMHO.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
phaderlanx said:
I lowsided mine a few weeks ago.

I wasnt being dumb or anything really.... just some bad luck.
Lol. It's always "bad luck". Could not have been the 18 y/o on the bike's fault!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts