Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway to make my taillight modulate by just picking up some parts from radioshack? i know a lot about electronics and soldering (rewired my last car to incorporate new sensors and such), just dont know what i would need to get to make it work. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
i wired up a flash from a disposable camera using a relay to 'push the button' when i first kick the brakes on. i also put a big series resistor in the power circuit so that it takes a good couple of minutes to charge up so nobody gets pissed. it works pretty well, and it's not blinding or anything. just a little snap to grab attention when i first hit the brakes at the end of a long stretch. that little flash tube fit right in between the 2 bulbs.
:D

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wiglaf said:
i wired up a flash from a disposable camera using a relay to 'push the button' when i first kick the brakes on. i also put a big series resistor in the power circuit so that it takes a good couple of minutes to charge up so nobody gets pissed. it works pretty well, and it's not blinding or anything. just a little snap to grab attention when i first hit the brakes at the end of a long stretch. that little flash tube fit right in between the 2 bulbs.
:D
hm...thatd be interesting to see :D

this is about the best i could find...still have to order stuff as radio shack doesnt keep a good supply of electronic components anymore
perfect link, exactly what i was looking for. thanks!

·
Registered
929 Posts
just buy the rotatinl led bulbs that flash when you hit the brake i have had no problems with getting rearended

·
Registered
619 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts