Sport Bikes banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Are you thinking about making and selling them or what?
Haven't really thought about, I was just trying to customize mine a little from what's out there.

I'll give it some thought... See what it would take to make it worth it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
That does look comfy, though being Corbin, would be the most expensive part on my bike lol. That is pretty awesome though, I'll have to show her thanks :D

·
DIG OUT YOUR SOUL
926 Posts
Nice job. I agree I don't like the readily-available flat cowls for the J series and you did well but I think it is too tall. How about a middle ground one between the flat and what you made? I think once you have it on the bike and look at it for awhile you will see the ideal lines for a cowl that best matches the contours of the bike.

Good work!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm already making another, The cone part or top will be level from back to front.. like this

Well kinda like that
I love the seat cowl! Would you be willing to make one similar for a 2001 model? I hate the way the basic cowl looks. It needs to be a lot higher to balance the look of the bike :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
i bought the cowl from the guy in europe (its basically a smaller version of yours, maybe cut the height in half with the point coming forward over the seat a bit) but the fit was off a bit though, i wouldn't mind having one remade myself sometime in the future, i have an extra seat minus the pads already laying around...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bump for an update on the newer version you built. I plan on building one of these myself but would like to see how yours came out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone have any updates? I want one but really don't want to shell over $150 for an unpainted piece of plastic lol
I'd suggest forkin over the dough. I tried making one and have alot of experience with fiberglass. I just couldn't get it to come out looking as good as the premade ones and spent a good amount making it. I'd just look on eBay for one.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts