Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was messing around in the shop and ended up building this seat cowl...
It's the first one I have made, was kinda tired of seeing the flat or almost flat ones for the zzr so i thought i would go BIG !

I was just wanting some opinions on this big ass thing... I'm thinking of cutting ZZR letter vents but idk yet..
I'll post more pics when it's finished...

P.S. The reason the top front ( cone part ) is receded is that the pad i have for it evens out the entire front...

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
well, once you get a coat of paint on it, i'm sure it will look different.

And i'm sure it will look even more diff when you're sitting on it..
Did a better job making it than i would have. fiberglass i'm assuming ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fiberglass i'm assuming ?
Yeah, I'll get it painted in the next day or so and post some more pics...
Thats just the first layer of primer so i have much sanding to do before paint.

And it looks way different with the pad on it as well, The pad brings it all level at the front so instead of a coming to a point on top it levels out...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How did you make it?
took the foam off a stock seat used molding clay to make the shape.. fiberglass away, then took out the clay and attached the fiberglass to the seat bottom.
Only have about 4 hours in it so far, most of that is sanding time, of course there was drying time but as far as hands on time only 4 or 5 hours tops

·
5,547 Posts
Nice skills, but kind of high IMO.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice skills, but kind of high IMO.
Thanks for the honest opinion... Come on guys, 91 people looked and only a couple post...
give me some feedback i could easily change it with popular demand...

Any ideas on how you would shape one? It's just a work in progress

Criticize away, I'm not married to it

·
Registered
30 Posts
I say take it down just a little, make the highest point even with the back of the tank height but overall shape looks great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I say take it down just a little, make the highest point even with the back of the tank height but overall shape looks great.
:agree. It would still have the slick looking shape, but wouldnt look as bulky. It would make it look a little more sleek, while still giving it that down in the sattle look. IMO

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like it, just got my ZZR and can't wait to do some mods like this... only one guy makes something similar on ebay and he's not in the US :(

·
5,547 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like it, just got my ZZR and can't wait to do some mods like this... only one guy makes something similar on ebay and he's not in the US :(
Yeah, I considered getting the one on ebay once...
When i'm finished with this i'm goin to make a custom rear fender using my old back tire.

I'll have updated pics on the cowl soon, it's black but i still have sanding and clear coat...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Again, this is unmounted so it's setting about a half inch outta place but you get the idea... got some more sanding to do and clear coat buff/polish & then of course add the pad...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts