Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did about 50 miles worth of Holy Hill twisties after work today before I headed out to church and I learned a couple valuable lessons but I'll present the lesson of the day:

So there's this hill that's probably about a 45 degree angle but it's only 15 feet or so high. I went up and down it a couple times and since it was on a straight I figure it'd be cool to hit it pretty fast and see what happens. Well here's what happens- at full throttle in second gear the bike just keeps going up when you get to the top and in effect I pulled a 9 O'clock wheelie. Kinda caught me by surprise but it was pretty freaking cool.

I also came around a corner only to find a dump truck taking his half literally out of the middle of the road- if I had been driving a car I would have crashed into him, luckily I just went beside him. I saw a ridiculous amount of people swerving over the double yellow in turns, luckily I didn't run into any.

I did come around a 180 turn (that I didn't know was 180 ;)) and ended up scraping the top of my boots as I was turning left and going uphill- that was pretty freaking cool.

Overall it was an awesome time and I only made a couple of mistakes, none too bad. I really need to focus on looking through the corner- I was getting very good at it but riding in a group makes you focus on the guy in front of you instead of through a corner, so basically I blame Scott for my riding skills deteriorating.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I know, I kinda felt suicidal and realized I might be safer going somewhere else... and then i end up doing this mad wheelie... if only someone had been filming me.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think it was Hogsback, though I could be wrong- I know I was on a road called st. augustine quite a bit which was also the rural road- taking a right off of that at one point and you're just about at that hill I'm talking about.

It could be the right one because Artismo was right about there being a right hand turn right after the hill coming from the other way.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the worst direction sense out of anyone I've ever met. I'd say I'm in the bottom .5% of the population when it comes to figuring out where I am or where I need to go.

I never know what direction I'm going unless the sun is out (then sometimes I forget which direction it rises from) and if I have to decided which way to go it will always be the wrong way. They made GPS for people like me- and I have yet to buy one- any suggestions on a good model- I think it'd be helpful for me when we go out and ride.

For example- the rides that Jer and Scott lead that I've been on- I have no idea where they are besides west, how to do them again and how we ended up where we got to. That's why I'm not the leader :D At least I can find my way to work and back without asking for directions...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.