Annitori Distributing is proud to announce that we are now the North American distributors for the HM Quickshifter line of products!
...and NO, this is NOT just another quickshifter...!!!
HM's is something completely new and different, well beyond the comparatively old designs which everyone has been limited to purchasing up until now.
What do Ten Kate Honda, Xerox Ducati and a long list of British Superbike, Supersport and TT riders all know and use?
HM technology and engineering!
HM technology and engineering!
Because HM has solved the problem of converting the $2000+ technology of MotoGP racing strain gauge shifters into the smoothest, safest, simplest and most technologically advanced product that all of us can finally afford to buy.
What is the difference between other quickshifters and HM Quickshifters?
Virtually all other Quickshifters in the market base their action on a mechanical switch, sometimes called "transducers" or "pressure sensors". But in the end, a mechanical switch. By comparison to the HM design, these "switch designs" are primative devices that have served mankind well for many years, but are now relics of the past.
What is wrong with a mechanical switch?
"Nothing", in a enviromentally controlled clean room, but "everything" in the real world; not to mention down in the bowels of a motorcycle quickshifter system.
A) Mechanical switches (transducers, pressure sensors) are VERY suceptible to vibration and shock. A common part of racing world, shock and vibration are encountered almost constantly everywhere else one might be. Add in a bit of "Mother Nature's" environmental elements like rain, dust, dirt, all mixed with road grime and you can understand why so many mechanical switch quickshifter systems fail so quickly.
HM use NO mechanical switches, everything is digitally controlled; the HM is virtually indestructible because THERE ARE NO MOVING PARTS TO BREAK or go bad!
B) Virtually all mechanical switch (transducers, pressure sensors) versions are "distance" based, meaning the gear lever has to be moved a certain distance for the quickshift to be initiated. Variations and wear over time of a "switch", combined with the variations of "your" gearbox, "your" linkage, "your" rearsets, "your" connection fittings, etc., means you might actually be "engaging" the gearbox before the quickshift is initiated, one of the primary causes of clunky shifts, missed shifts or worse, massive gearbox wear.
HM Quickshifters are fully adjustable for gear lever pressure because the HM Quickshifter works by measuring the molecular change in the shift rod when a force is applied to it. The quickshift is initiated according to YOUR gearbox, YOUR linkage, YOUR rearsets, etc, (you get the point), of YOUR bike. It is why every rider who tries the HM, especially after swapping off competitors designs, comments on how incredibly quick and smooth the shifts become. Smoother shifts, quicker shifts, and less wear on the gearbox are all what make the HM better then anything else out there.
C) Virtually all mechanical switch (transducers, pressure sensors) versions rely on a spring or other pre-tension mechanisms to hold the switch open. The quality and strength of the "spring" determine the amount of force required to initiate the quickshift, and as with any "spring", these wear and no longer respond as designed, causing rough shifts or damage to your gearbox.
HM Quickshifters have no springs, no moving parts, and are 100% digitally controlled. You set the HM to initiate when YOU want, precisely for your bike, 100% of the time.
Why doesn't everyone use the HM type of strain guage for their shifters?
Strain guage systems are VERY expensive items, usually costing thousands of dollars and require complex electronics to interface with the bike. Not to mention an external amplifier necessary for the strain gauge to function correctly. Load cells also need to be constantly adjusted for zero drift, temperature drift and creep (all of which are technical discussions that you can find discussed online by downloading our .pdf of "Strain gauges vs. Load Cells from our website), factors that can vary radically if not adjusted for.
HM uses their own powerful DSP (Digital Signal Processor) as well as their own complex algorithms and software to automatically compensate for zero drift, temperature drift and creep. HM calculates and adjusts over 100 times per second, ensuring glitch free operation across any riding situation.
Features of the HM Quickshifter:
1) HM Quickshifters are Strain Guage activated, nothing else outside of MotoGP uses this technology. Nothing is better; and nobody outside MotoGP offers this.
2) No moving parts means the HM Quickshifters are virtually indestructible and carry a Lifetime Warranty against product malfunction or defect. (Crashing and breaking the product does not count.)
3) HM Quickshifters are the kindest and gentlest way to treat your gearbox. HM uses the ignition side of the motorcycle to unload, which is far kinder then most other designs that come from the fuel side.
4) HM Plus Quickshifters are STAND ALONE systems, integrated to the ignition side of the motorcycle as a quickshifter should be. No need for complex interfaces with other fuel side ECU's, no software glitches, no need for constant adjustments or any chance of interference to any other operational aspect of the motorcycle.
5) HM Plus Quickshifters kill from the ignition side of the engine, so there is no chance of "extended" fuel burning, secondary injectors (which most modern sportbikes have) that are not shut off, or any other problems that might be associated with fuel side controls. Spark is dead, gearbox unloads and the HM initiates an ultra smooth, gentle and unquestionably fastest gear change you can get.
6) Every function (Compression / Extension, Sensitivity and Kill Time) of the HM Plus is controlled from the HM LCD screen, and you never have to deal with "interface problems" again. This alone is worth TONS given what we have read and seen with some competitors products!
7) Every HM Quickshifter works in EITHER the "up" or "down" shift pattern, and you can change this anytime you wish from the LCD screen. No need to buy "one or the other" for your shift pattern, and you never have the wrong setup. The HM can be set for either, and easily adjusts back and forth anytime you wish.
8) Every HM Plus is fully adjustable for lever sensitivity, so you can adjust for the specifics of your machine, gearbox and riding style. Nothing is kinder to your gearbox then HM.
9) Every HM Plus is fully adjustable for ignition kill time, so you can control exactly how you use the gearbox and how you want the quickshifter to work.
10) The HM Plus is transportable, meaning it can be used on many different machines with the correct wiring loom and shift rod length. The HM Plus is not tied to any ECU "box", so you can reuse your investment over and over! Multiple bikes, changing bikes during the season or buying a new one means you can most likely bring your HM Quickshifter with you for very little added expense.
11) HM Plus wiring looms are "plug in and go". No need to splice or cut in any way, no complications with other ECU's. Straight bolt on application, and clean removal if the time or need ever comes.
It is fairly obvious that HM has brought to the market a vastly improved design which combines technology that demands customers consider when choosing a Quickshifter.
And this is just a basic outline of the design differences and features of the HM Quickshifter, we are sure there are many other questions we have not addressed. So please let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist you.
Sorry this read was a bit long, but it takes a bit to get the comparative information out there to you!