Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Triple Fuel Injected
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've worn both HJC and KBC helmets in the past. All of the XL HJC's that I've ever tried on no matter what model seems to fit my big melon head almost perfectly. My X-Large KBC VR-series helmet is a bit more snug, but still OK. After riding for 9yrs without a problem, I had a mishap on my brother's bike a few weeks back and hit my head pretty good after falling 7-8ft down a hill so I need a new helmet.

I'm not big on flashy colors and designs, but I want something more than a solid color. The helmet that I really like is the AGV S4:

It has all the colors on my bike and is pretty simple. Plus, I like the extended chin bar. Nobody around here stocks AGV so I can't try one on. Anyone know how the sizing between HJC or KBC and AGV compares size-wise?

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Just got a AGV v flyer helmet in, very light, fits nice. it is a large ,my HJC was a medium and fit good. So i would say they fit the same type of head.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've never worn an S4, but I've worn the XR-2 and titech.
I know the titechs will fit real snug around the ears.
Breaking them in was quite painful but after they broke in it was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am, rather was stuck in a similar situation. In India most of these well known brand are not available off the shelf, especially not in the larger sizes. I would wear a xxxl HJC whihc is without a visor now, and have just ordered the AGV XR - 2 off denniskirk.
The HJC would slip a little when i'd pund the throttle, so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed on a xxl AGV!

manson.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Manson you want your helmet to be snug, you should not be able to put your pinky between yoru forhead and the helmet, you should also not be able to wiggle th helmet from side to side.
I like the race fit, so my helmets look to small when they are on me, but hte fit is really fine once they break in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the inputs blur. Even i am hoping the XXL would fit like a helmet should. I am sikh by religion, so its a slight task to find a 'tall/oval helmet, hence i just went for the XXXL on my first proper helmet, the HJC.

manson.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks for the inputs blur. Even i am hoping the XXL would fit like a helmet should. I am sikh by religion, so its a slight task to find a 'tall/oval helmet, hence i just went for the XXXL on my first proper helmet, the HJC.

manson.
do you have a large head, or do you wear your religious head gear under the helmet as well?

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
They do not cut their hair. Thus why they wear the turban which is actually designed to control their hair.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do not have a large head, infact im just 58-59 cms on that. The turban makes it as an oval head, hence i need a 'taller' helmet.
Keeping my fingers crossed on the XR-2 though, dont wanna mess it up on the sizing.

manson.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Would you be one of the only people in india to wear a helmet ? :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Errrm, lately the law has gotten quite strict, and people atleast in most cities wear their helmets.
Infact, sikhs are exempted from wearing a helmet due to the turban, but i know how important is it to have one.

Off-topic, what vflyer did you get off denniskrirk, solid or the graphics? i was gonna order the solid red, but a friend insisted i get the XR-2.

The Indian two wheeler scene:
The best we're doing in the two wheeler scene is 220 odd cc single cylinder mototorcycles. Just very recently has Yamaha officially introduced the MT 01 & R1 in the Indian market, and suzuki is gonna launch the Busa sometime in septemebr 08, followed by the gixxer 1000 and he boulevard.
Its a very costly affair to have a superbike in India, i paid a little over 10,000 USD for 99 spec Thunderace in jan 2007, we pay like 160% import duty on used vehciles and 145% on new vehicles.
Protection of the eceonomy is more important to the country than a bunch of auto enthusiasts and i completely support the same.

manson.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Here is my helmet, but becouse of your extra hair, I would recomend getting the s-4 series or something along that line as mine has the front face guard pretty close to my mouth, I suspect it would be uncomfortable for you.
they have the s-4 for 150ish on ebay.

Good luck. Thanks for the info on your country.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have ordered the XR-2, any idea how that would fit?
I liked the S-4, but apparently the XR-2 is a better helmet according to my friend, so just ordered that as i wasnt certain how either would fit.

manson.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Wow ...

AGV make some very attractive helmets, I've always wanted a Shoei not because of their "tech" but for their designs, they have alot of simple and or oldschool style designs from the 80's which I love. But yeah these AGV helmets have the same thing going on, or some of them atleast.

·
Registered
98 Posts
He knows his riding gear better than his bikes, so i just took his word for it. And, the XR-2 was AGV'S high end before they came out with the Ti tech & GP tech, so i thought its the best i could get my hands on, especially at the price denniskirk had it on.

Any clue on how the XR-2 fits though?

manson.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts