Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9pm eastern time. history of motorcycles. if anyone is interested.

havent seen it before, so dont blame me if it sucks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, the only manufacturers they really mentioned were Harley, Indian, and Honda.

I think the show may be from 2002

·
Registered
53 Posts
I caught the end half of that show, I didn't think it was very interesting. I was hoping they would talk about recent history sportbikes at the end of the show and instead they talked about motocross :rolleyes . Just kinda funny how they talk about all the british bikes and then honda how comes in and pwns them so hard all the british companies go out of business. Oh and the guys breaking 100 mph on these things that look like scooters was pretty funny.

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
Is this the one that had that Road Dog or whatever it was called on it? Like some guy in the 60s or 70s built a GIANT bike with a chevy 4 banger motor. It had hydraulic rams to keep it upright instead of a sidestand. Guy put 14k miles on it before a cop shot him.. Some magazine guy test rode it and crashed on the first turn. The thing looked crazy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
enos said:
Is this the one that had that Road Dog or whatever it was called on it? Like some guy in the 60s or 70s built a GIANT bike with a chevy 4 banger motor. It had hydraulic rams to keep it upright instead of a sidestand. Guy put 14k miles on it before a cop shot him.. Some magazine guy test rode it and crashed on the first turn. The thing looked crazy
yes, it had that part in it..

it was a 2 hour show in total

·
Registered
426 Posts
for a two hour show about the "history" of motorcycles they sure do leave out a lot. The only times they even showed sportbikes was when they where talking about highspeed motorcycles and they cut to some sportbikes ripping it up at the track. Funny that they go on about the racing events when harely was into it but never mention it when the SS started to take over. Though they will mention buells intro into SS class :rollseyes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts