Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use a hip/fanny pack while you are riding. I picked up a small Columbia unit with 3 pockets and I am to a point where I cannot imagine riding without it. Just wondering if I am the only one to give up some masculinity in the name of utility. I can carry celphone, wallet stuffed with too much stuff, registration, insurance, meds and a digi-camera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
i can get with all that .........but for me its .... "just ride" throw a few bucks in the wallet and cruze into the twisties......where ever they may be!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
nogoshowboat said:
Anybody use a hip/fanny pack while you are riding. I picked up a small Columbia unit with 3 pockets and I am to a point where I cannot imagine riding without it. Just wondering if I am the only one to give up some masculinity in the name of utility. I can carry celphone, wallet stuffed with too much stuff, registration, insurance, meds and a digi-camera.
I could do something like that for shorter trips but when I ride on the weekends I need more storage room because I always take a couple of bottles of water, digital camera or mini dv recorder, extra helmet visor, a couple of rags to wipe off my visor, cell phone, wallet, tire guage and various tools that do not fit under my seat with my tool kit and emergency tire repair kit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
kevinmcdade said:
I could do something like that for shorter trips but when I ride on the weekends I need more storage room because I always take a couple of bottles of water, digital camera or mini dv recorder, extra helmet visor, a couple of rags to wipe off my visor, cell phone, wallet, tire guage and various tools that do not fit under my seat with my tool kit and emergency tire repair kit.
I keeping meaning to get a tank bag, but haven't. Right now I just use my backback, which works out great. I ride to work everyday, therefore I just throw my lunch in there, and sometimes my notebook PC. If I am riding two-up with my gal, I just have her wear the backpack, she doesn't seem to mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
jcaesar625 said:
I keeping meaning to get a tank bag, but haven't. Right now I just use my backback, which works out great. I ride to work everyday, therefore I just throw my lunch in there, and sometimes my notebook PC. If I am riding two-up with my gal, I just have her wear the backpack, she doesn't seem to mind.
Tank bags are great. I use a backback as well when I ride to work (everyday it's not raining) but I just ordered a tailbag to compliment my tankbag so I won't have to use the backback anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
I'm a backpacker myself. I have to carry my laptop to work so I have a nifty padded bag that I throw a bunch of stuff in. I recenty started working with a friend of mine, got him hired on and we started car pooling to work. This is great with all the high price on gas and everything but it leaves me to riding my bike less. Normally I would ride everyday that it wasn't going to rain, and now I just ride to his house (like a 8 mile trip) instead of my 30 mile ride to work. On the days it's my turn to drive I have to drive in a car!!(it's horrible). Oh well, you win some you loose some..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Fellow "man purse" wearer (hanging head in shame)

I wear one from Coach. I don't like it on the bike and got the Yamaha back pack from the dealer. I love the color combo for the blue bike! In the heat with my mesh, I just bungee her down instead of wearing it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
ripthenightopen said:
On the days it's my turn to drive I have to drive in a car!!(it's horrible). Oh well, you win some you loose some..
You could always ride two-up with him, so you can still take the bike to work. :gay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
jcaesar625 said:
You could always ride two-up with him, so you can still take the bike to work. :gay
Hilarious!
My roommate dosent ride at all and he has never ridden on a bike. He made a comment one day that was something like, "Ill have to try riding with you sometime." I just sat and stared before the, "Uh.... No." He saw a girl hop on with me later that night and admitted to it being a little "close."
:gheyfight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Epee said:
I wear one from Coach. I don't like it on the bike and got the Yamaha back pack from the dealer. I love the color combo for the blue bike! In the heat with my mesh, I just bungee her down instead of wearing it.

I'm sorry, but that is just a little too "camp" of a statement to be included on a hairy assed biker list. :alky

Skippy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I won't condemn anyone for wearing a hip pack. For you own safety just make sure to take it off if you ever stop in to browse through a Harley store!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fuzzy6 said:
... For you own safety just make sure to take it off if you ever stop in to browse through a Harley store!!!
There is something that won't happen ... no disrespect to my hawg brothers and sisters ... I don't get the HD scene.
 

·
Sportbike.net junkie
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
eeewww hardleys??? ah ah ha. Ill buy one when im old and fat. If i got one now i wouldnt fit in. Im too young for that slow cruisin. I like my twisties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
wow, I didn't know I would hit a landmine mentioning Harley Davidson. I'll probably always have a Sport/touring bike after owning the FZ6, but I would love to add a Fatboy to the garage some day. After watching Terminator 2, I fell in love with the Fatboy it's a beautiful bike. I just don't have an extra $25,000 under my mattress. You don't have to be fat, tatooed and unbathed to own a Harley.
 

·
Sportbike.net junkie
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
If your not fat bald tatooed or unbathed then you have to riding a buell (badley underpowered expensive lousey lemon) not a hardley I think that they had to put an (e) in there so people dont mix up the name with the type of sh!t they are!

Ok there arent really bad crappy pieces, but they are really expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Fanny Packs are gay(no offense to gay people or guys who wear fanny packs), but true playas roll backpacks like The Fast and the Furious.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top