Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does/has anyone gone to their high school reunion?

My 10yrs was last year but I was never contacted about it. Which was really no sweat off my back. I purposely tried to avoid talking to anyone from school. I moved there middle of my junior year and had already made my mind up on what my future was. So not worried about school.

If I get contacted for say my 20 I may go, not sure.

Anyone else go to theirs?

My only reason for going is to see how certain people have made out in the world. The one's you expected are probably not where you thought they would be and vice versa.

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
I don't think my HS even has reunions, LOL :lao My HS was in a small ass farm town.... had K-12 in the same building, and I had a graduating class of a whopping 18 people. I've only been out for 5 years though, so they may still have something down the road. I'd probably go if they had one

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Didn't go to my 5 year. The big 10 year is a couple of years away. That's my take on reunions, see who did what and how they're doing. But it's almost elitist in a way, right? Everybody is having kids now, and even more are getting hitched. I feel so far off that mark.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I have my 15 year coming up here soon, and in NOW WAY will I go. I told myself once I moved out of that shit-hole of a City, I'd never go back. Closest I've come to being back there, I was flying over it on my way back from Maui.

It's not the people I don't want to see, I'd actually like to see how some of my friends turned out. I wish they would have it in another City besides El Pisshole...

·
Registered
323 Posts
hell no worst years of my life i prefer not to revisit them unless i could get laid for sure but all the hot girls got knocked up and had kids or are fat now so much for the popular crowd hahahahahah

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Never went to mine... although, my 15yr one is coming up... my wife and I may go just to see....

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I went to my 5 year. I got extremely drunk an it actually turned out to be a good time. My 10 year is supposed to be this year but I have yet to hear anything about it. If it is going to happen I'm not sure if I'll go or not. I guess it'll depend on what I've got going on.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I will probably never go to mine. But from what I heard, it's amazing how so many of the groupie crowd turned into slobs and how they all now work for the people they picked on. Life has a lot of weird twists.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Mine isn't for two years.

I only had about 30 or so people in my graduation class so its not like it would be a huge event.
I genuinely like about 10 of them and don't mind all but about 5.
I've got mixed feelings on going because I'd like to see how the losers enjoy being stuck in the same small town, with the same crappy job, going no where - I'd also like to just never see them again.

I enjoyed part of high school and hated the rest.
I had two small groups of great friends at my school, then a bunch of people I could associate with fairly well, then a good size group of assholes hell bent on ruining my life. The last part was more a remnant of junior high but many of them backed off after I kicked a little ass.

To tell you the truth, I had more friends across the state of Wyoming from various activities I did than I had at my own school. If I could have a reunion with those people, it would be great.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I missed my 5 years. Will try for the next one. Would be interesting to see what people are up to.

Funny thing is, I already know that some of the guys that were smart asses and thought I wouldn't do shit with my life - well, those same guys I've seen serving me at the drive thru at Taco Bell and McDonalds.

I was a bad ass in highschool but my grades were decent. I really did well in College and that was very helpful. What pisses me off the most is that in my OAC Art Class year, they were giving away a scholarship that has to be used for a related field. They ended up giving it to some fucktard that had no intentions of using it when I and a few others were registering at these Colleges. Pisses me off. Still does. They probably just didn't want it cashed out. Oh well.

I wonder how many people will rent out really nice cars for their reunion and bluff. Would be cool to see how the hotties have turned out though (and a few X's).

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
Would be cool to see how the hotties have turned out though (and a few X's).
I went to mine. Had a great time. Will definitely go to the 20th in 9 years when it comes up.
I thought it was funny how a lot of the chicks I thought were hot in school either turned out fat or just aren't really that hot (somehow in h.s. popularity and hotness get confused at times), and how some that I didn't pay any attention to at all are smokin' hot now!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sounds like some people in here were either bullied or not accepted in the "in crowd" and are bitter :rolleyes :lao

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
GixxerJRG said:
Sounds like some people in here were either bullied or not accepted in the "in crowd" and are bitter :rolleyes :lao

+1 that's what I was thinking..... HS was great! well, at least it was for me. Cheerleading, PQ, HCQ.. I had a blast!

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
I moved from upstate NY to FL about a year out of high school. I never went to my 10th or 20th year reunion. I guess it didn't matter to me and it was quite a trip just for a get together.

Last year I did go to my 30th reunion. It was really cool! I wish I had gone before! Damn, people were lookin old!!! LOL!!!

I think alot of the cliques, bullys, a-holes, etc. got over themselves. Everyone was decent, friendly, and joked about old times. There was only one a-hole in the whole bunch. He was an a-hole then and after 30 yrs, still an a-hole! Hard to believe!

My class is planning a 50th birthday party for next year. Everyone had such a good time at the 30th reunion I guess they couldn't wait. I will be there!

BTW, As far as the women go........... The hotties were notties and the notties were hotties!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I have not gone to mine but I really did not hang out w/people from my school most of my friends went to other schools and I actually still talk to some of them still.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hmm...i just graduated a few weeks ago...so I guess i've got 10 years ahead of me before i can really post in here lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I guess if we even had a 5yr it would be coming up next year. I would prob go just to see what everyone was up to, and how big of losers some of them turned out to be. I only have contact with a few people when I come home from school. I had a good time in HS, but after that, it was like I spent 18yrs with those people, I wanted to make new friends now.

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
I missed my 5 year. oops, dang. hehe. I dont think i will ever go to one of mine. My school fucking sucked!!!! Nothing but a bunch of back woods ass fooking wanna make you squeal like a pig people. Altho, my wife wants me to go with her to her's because there is some guy that picked on her in school and aparently, its the same guy whos life i made a living hell. That and she wants to show me off. So, in other words. I would go to my wifes but not mine.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts