Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just visited a local dealer cause im lookin to buy a ninja 6r... well they have a blue one in stock which they'll sell for 9011 OTD but I really want a green one which they said they can get for 9332 OTD. They said theyd give me a 30% discount on all gear but these prices just seem kinda high, am I right or not?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
bad first bike.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol sorry... forgot to mention its not my first bike!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The bike is $8699 according to Kawasakis website so they are trying to make a nice profit off of you. If I were you I would try another dealer. And as far as gear goes shop around you might be able to find better deal elsewhere. When you buy anything from the dealer they mark the prices right up.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
What's up with the 8 minute bump?

Anyway... if you can't wait, I would. It's already August, and up here we have only a few months left of riding. Hold out and get something cheap over the winter, IMO. That price maybe closer to $8K and maybe get free storage until March/April...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikem317 said:
What's up with the 8 minute bump?
lol sorry got impatient.... thats a good idea about the storage... never thought of that

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was also thinking of waiting for the 06's to come out but i dunno

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
son123 said:
The bike is $8699 according to Kawasakis website so they are trying to make a nice profit off of you. If I were you I would try another dealer. And as far as gear goes shop around you might be able to find better deal elsewhere. When you buy anything from the dealer they mark the prices right up.
The price listed on kawasaki's website is the MSRP thats not what the dealer pays for it. Its only what they estimate the dealer to sell it for.The dealers price is always below MSRP and the price they quoted you i marked up. Either talk them down or walk. You can find a much better price on that bike.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks... what should i expect to pay?

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
05 636 at a local dealer here in fl... deal worked and done (but i ended up walking away) at about 8100$ including tax (6.5% plus I had a trade valued at 4300$) tag title, and a ZG windscreen...........

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn... but isnt the tax lower there too?

·
Registered
361 Posts
a rule of thumb for buying a bike is a fair deal is the bike OUT THE DOOR for the cost of the bike on the sticker. That should include tax, title, license, doc, frieght, prep, etc. If it's a hard to get bike, expect to pay more, if it's a sales floor dud, expect to pay less.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
clearwaterms said:
a rule of thumb for buying a bike is a fair deal is the bike OUT THE DOOR for the cost of the bike on the sticker. That should include tax, title, license, doc, frieght, prep, etc. If it's a hard to get bike, expect to pay more, if it's a sales floor dud, expect to pay less.
thanks that sounds good

·
Registered
15 Posts
im also vexxed about buying zx6r. whether to pick one up now. or wait till xmas until the cheap prices AND/OR the new 06 models come out.

on a sidenote to the original poster - cmon you spurs!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jimbronie said:
im also vexxed about buying zx6r. whether to pick one up now. or wait till xmas until the cheap prices AND/OR the new 06 models come out.
yea its a pain i really want one now but i know ill be mad if i dont wait and at least see what the 06's look like....

on a sidenote to the original poster - cmon you spurs!

nice to finally find someone who knows what my sn means without an explanation... where you from?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know can't wait... just bought satallite so I can get all the games this year lol!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts