Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high mount exhaust on my gsxr600. The person i bought it from already had the exhaust on the bike this way and there looks to be no room for back foot pegs. Anybody have any suggestions on how i could install rear footpegs or jimmy rig something up? Maybe a site with a picture of a bike with rear footpegs and a highmount exhaust so i can see how i might install them?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
go to a local machine shop and have them make you a long spacer that will clear the highmount. Essentially this spacer will be a "pipe" with really thick walls. Then just put the spacer in b/w the peg moutn and the peg. Be sure to find out what bolt you will use first as I assumed I'd be able to find a bolt long enought that would still fit in the stock mounting holes. I was wrong. Had to go with a thinner one and use a washer to hold it all in place.

Let me know if you're not quite sure what I meant and I'll see if I can get some pics of mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah man if you could pictures would be great cause im not quite sure what you mean. Would really apprciate it, girlfriends on my ass to get some footpegs on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you may need to fabricate a "sling" footpeg bracket, which fixes to the regular mount, and bends underneath the silencer, and then back up to the original height on the other side, kind of like a letter "U" around the underneath of the silencer - my Jardine Hi mount needs this - if I simply extended the regular brackets with spacers, they'd go right through the pipe

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a devil high mount on my gsxr. their exhaust comes with 2 spacers, as well as 2 new bolts. the only thing you would need would be to make a new hanger.

go to their site, and give them a call, devilbikes.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts