Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that most people, when showing bike pics online, hide their license plate number. Why is this? I would think that it's not much different to show your # online than to let other drivers see it in person.

Dunno. I'm clueless--someone clue me in?

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
I always figured that if your bike looks like any other, but you have about 10k invested in the engine and such, it was just so that nobody could tell your bike apart from any other, who knows if some people on boards are thieves on the prowl. That's the same reason some people don't give away their location. Sometimes you don't need any more exposure.

·
Registered
346 Posts
just to cover your ass a little more. some ass clown comes on here sees the plate #, looks it up and finds out where you are...byebye bike. chances are prob slim but it could happen

·
Registered
202 Posts
People have used the pics in e-bay scams giving ur plate number, then if someone tries to track them down its ur plate number in their pic

·
Registered
205 Posts
privacy protection mainly.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poo-tee-weet said:
People have used the pics in e-bay scams giving ur plate number, then if someone tries to track them down its ur plate number in their pic
That's an easy thing to check--and if you don't check and make sure the plates line up with the VIN, and that everything checks out with the sellers info, you probably deserve to get scammed. Nobody does their homework anymore. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts