Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just 4 Fun
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in purchasing a kit for my 06 ZX6R and would like to see some pics of the different bulbs installed as well as some feedback on which kit and bulb would be the best route to go.

Thanks!

·
Just 4 Fun
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanks! Any pics?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
check this site: Welcome To ShopXenon

they have good pics and info there. the kits for the bikes is a bit more expensive but the car kits are very affordable.

·
Red, White & Buell
495 Posts
I'm about to go shopping for a new ballast.

Wanted - Slim digital ballast with monitoring and auto re-ignition. I had a link to one about a year ago but it was $300 at the time...

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/how-tos-section/404302-retro-solutions-55w-5000k-hid-kit.html

Its the link in my signature. Review of my kit from retro-solutions. I'm loving it. Standard ballast size, but I believe its the best aftermarket 55W kit with low 7.5 amp draw on striking, and a hot-restrike feature so the bulb isn't damaged. Todd also stated that he has a slim 55W ballast available, but with a higher 10 amp draw on start.
Todd at Retro-Solutions.com said:
See the ballast you have now, imagine that with a slightly smaller footprint all around, take 1/2" off each side at max, but only slightly thicker than 5/8". The ignitor is maybe 1-1/2"x1"x1"

·
Just 4 Fun
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/how-tos-section/404302-retro-solutions-55w-5000k-hid-kit.html

Its the link in my signature. Review of my kit from retro-solutions. I'm loving it. Standard ballast size, but I believe its the best aftermarket 55W kit with low 7.5 amp draw on striking, and a hot-restrike feature so the bulb isn't damaged. Todd also stated that he has a slim 55W ballast available, but with a higher 10 amp draw on start.
Where did you get the kit from? And what did it run? It looks like a very nice kit but I could not find the Todd person you said to pm

Thanks

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
you dont want 55watt your gonna blind the shit out of everyone riding in front of you. i have the 35 watt and its perfect, i can see great and i dont always have to be first on late night group rides, dont pay over $100 and make sure it is the slim ballast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts