Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd introduce myself to the group. I just bought my 2000 RC51 on Saturday and I'm digging the new ride. It only has 6k miles on her so she's barely broken in. I gave her an old and filter change, went over some bolts and nuts, and gave her a coat of carnauba. The sound is just incredible, as it came with some cf Microns slip-ons and it rides like it's on rails.

My previous bike was a Yamaha FZ6, which btw is a great bike, but this RC51 has won my heart for now.

Here's a pic of the new ride:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Congrats on the new to you RC Hams, and like Blade-Runner said, Welcome to the club!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
So, here is where we find you...
Hangin' with your new friends! :)
Nice bike dude.. Best of luck with it...

Ps... Not as nice as the ............ :cheers

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha....hey Hippie. Yeah, I'm chilling here a little bit. I do miss the inline four explosion, but I'm happy with the new ride. Dang, when did your list of mods grow???

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hams51 said:
I thought I'd introduce myself to the group. I just bought my 2000 RC51 on Saturday and I'm digging the new ride. It only has 6k miles on her so she's barely broken in. I gave her an old and filter change, went over some bolts and nuts, and gave her a coat of carnauba. The sound is just incredible, as it came with some cf Microns slip-ons and it rides like it's on rails.

My previous bike was a Yamaha FZ6, which btw is a great bike, but this RC51 has won my heart for now.

Here's a pic of the new ride:
Sweet man, real sweet!! :dblthumb

Ah, and I see you have felt the "on rails" feeling too...:)

Enjoy, be safe,

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking bike congrats.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The only year of black rotor carriers.

Very rare. :)

Welcome to the dark side.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Tarheelguy3- I didn't even notice that. I still have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I didn't even know about the black rotors on the 2000 yr models. I thought I knew mostly everything about the different yrs. Welcome to the club though.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Nice bike Hams... as much as I have been on the site lately you would have thought that I visited this section before... first time here... thought I would say hello to the other RC'rs as well....

·
DARK ANGEL
285 Posts
"Soon the world will be full of rc's and my dastardly plan will soon be in effect of WORLD DOMINATION...HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA"

·
Registered
261 Posts
Tarheelguy3 said:
The only year of black rotor carriers.

Very rare. :)

Welcome to the dark side.

I noticed my 00 had the black rotor carriers but I honestly think the gold looks better. I guess i never really thought of it as a rarity.:banana

1 - 14 of 14 Posts