Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just signed up.

Bought a 2011 ZX6R last summer and put about 3k miles on it. Still don't know a lot about it other than it's a blast to ride.

Also looking for people to ride with come season in Michigan.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Welcome :two finger

RC

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
Hey guys, just signed up.

Bought a 2011 ZX6R last summer and put about 3k miles on it. Still don't know a lot about it other than it's a blast to ride.

Also looking for people to ride with come season in Michigan.
welcome! :twofinger

i'll be at grattan and gingerman as much as possible this summer. you can ride with me there. i don't ride on the street anymore. it's too slow and too dangerous...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice

I've only done street riding, I just moved to the Lapeer,mi area from greenville, sc so I'm coming from warm mountain riding. Never been on a track before...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah South Carolina was beautiful while challenging, I'm thinking its going to be a lot of interstate boredom from where I'm at

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
Nice

I've only done street riding, I just moved to the Lapeer,mi area from greenville, sc so I'm coming from warm mountain riding. Never been on a track before...
i'm right down the street from lapeer. lots of long straight roads there. get to the track and we'll talk. you'll never look back...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
You're in danger of having your man card revoked. Last month my girl and I left at 6 am for a 170 mile ride, each way, for breakfast at a little diner we found in the summer. Cuz they have great blueberry pancakes and coffee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've ridden my bike from SC to Michigan in one day...12 hours straight. It's no big deal, I just hoped there was one in the Macomb area or south of me, not freakin Grand Rapids

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Genesee which is 20 min from you. There aren't any good roads around locally but there are some decent roads up in the thumb.

Sent from a Droid

·
Registered
50 Posts
No! The only ones they fix are the straight roads and you'll notice that they use 4" shoulders so there is always gravel on the road. Your not far from Ray C's I use to sell there a few years ago and most of them are good people. Now I don't make it to Lapeer but to ref at the rink

Sent from a Droid

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another question, what's a solid insurance provider up here? Geico doesn't offer coverage in michigan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts