Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been lurking here for some time now, and finally decided to sign up. A lot of useful info on here. Really enjoy reading the threads.

Long story short, I am an experienced rider of fifteen years, the last few of which have been on the road. I am a dual sport guy at heart, but have recently developed an overwhelming fascination towards sport bikes. Every time I pull onto the highway in my jeep I find myself daydreaming of gliding down the highway (on two wheels) in a spirited fashion. I had a DRZ, which was nice, but I got rather bored on the highway (anywhere else was a good time). I am now on the search for my next bike and think I may switch it up and buy a road only bike (as I own a great track and woods bike, a crf250r, and really dont need another thumper). Ive decided on some sort of 600cc"ish" sportbike to fill the spot (as I am rather short"ish" and dont weigh too much. I dont know if I would enjoy wrestling with a large displacement bike).

Unfortunately I am still torn. After hours of reading, I still cant decide which way to go. I do know that I love the sound of the I-4 bikes. Although sound is perhaps not as important to many, it is to myself; it is really part of the whole experience in a way. The sound of an inline 4cyl bike makes me grin from ear to ear. Although I prefer and am actively looking for and trying to decide on a I-4 bike, I wouldnt pass up a good deal on an sv650 or some spirited twin/triple.

Im trying to keep it under or around 3k. The cheaper the better. Looking for something EFI. Quick. Rides well 2-up. Easy and affordable to maintain for many miles (valves and whatnot, as I do most of my own work). And something I wont get bored with quickly @155lbs and 5'9" (this was my biggest issue with the drz). I love the twisties, my drz was a blast on the windy backroads out in east bend. I suppose I will figure something out after spending some more time thread splunking, lol. Any suggetsions are welcome though. I am somewhat on the lookout for a decently priced 03+ R6. I have always loved the way they look. Not really looking for a typical squid bike (I really am a stock kind of guy, maybe toss on a slip on pipe at the most), but something fun, commutable, but all the while able to hold its own.

So that, in a nutshell, is me, what I have ridden, and what I am looking for in a bike.

Anyhow, thanks to great forum with great advice. Perhaps Ill see a few of you on the road soon!

Cheers,
-Grimm

·
Registered
110 Posts
I suggest either a 650 or an f3. The f3 is for if you want to be more aggressive, if not the 650 is sporty enough to take turns, but is more comfortable since its a touring bike too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts