Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you quote me a price on a new front tire + mounting?? I need a dunlop 120/60ZR 17.

Right now I have a dunlop d207 sportmax on the rear but these are discontinued. I am not sure what would be the best match I think they were replaced by the D208.. Your suggestions here would be appreciated. I will bring the wheel in off the bike..

Lemme know thanks!!

Derek

·
Registered
617 Posts
How does your rear tire look? Will you be replacing in say 1k miles or so?? I am just asking because if your rear tire is in great shape, then put a 208 on the front. My price is $110 for the 208 front, but I do need to order the 60 series in for you if thats what you want. If your rear is about toast, then I would go with whatever front that you want to go for on your next set. Also its $20 to mount if you bring the wheel. Let me know if you have any questions though..

-Spooner

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear tire is still pretty much new got about 1200 miles on it I just put it on this spring. (oviously I don't ride as hard as some) The 208 sounds fine to me if you think that is the best match. Myself, I am not too sure what the differences are between the 207 and the 208. Go ahead and order it if you can. About how long does it take to get in? And about how long to get it all mounted up etc? I can bring it to you on my lunch break when you get it in and drop it off for you.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I can order it tomorrow and should have it by wed at the latest. It only takes about 5 minutes to mount and balance it when its off the bike so I can have my guy do it while we bs :lol: The 207 and 208 are essentially the same tire, so it should be a fine match. I will let you know when it rolls in too...

-Spooner

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet I'll get the wheel off & ready this weekend. Like I said I will just come through on my lunch break.. So just post up here when it comes in if you think it will be wed then I will throw it in the truck and look for your post if it doesnt make it in I will do the same thing thursday!

Thanks bro!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Doh! My suppliers are out of the 208 fronts in the 60 series until middle of next month... I can get pretty much anything else, but I think I am SOL on the 208's. I have a feeling they are going to phase out the 208, because its kinda odd that they are out of them at the two suppliers I get them from... Let me know what your thinking and we will go from there..

-Spooner

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well...there are a few options. You could try the 70 series front, and drop your forks a hair to compensate, but I don't know your bike well enough to know if that will cause issues. You could also sell your good condition 207 for say, $70 or whatever, and get a new set of tires that match, and that have more grip than the 207/208 combo. You could also go with just whatever front you want-no other model/brand will be a perfect match, but then again the 208 isn't just like the 207 either, so that might be the best option. If it were me, running a different kind of front that is known to heat up faster than the rear is not that bad. The rear heats up faster being the drive tire, so you know that if the rear is ready to go, the front will be just fine. Plus you can usually go 2 rears for every front, so when the rear is toast, match the rear to the front, and then they will be replace together the next time. Is that enough options??? :D

Hey, if you want to talk to me about this, you can call my cell anytime-913 219 1378 and we can figure out the best option for you ;)

-Spooner

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
if it were me i would sell the 207 and get a new matching set

....preferably not dunslop either :)

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
either that or there is always someone around here wanting one of those, or take it to the track and put a for sale sign on it there. either way it will sell quick :)

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i need to do that wimy takeoff, hell i have like 3 sets in the garage...

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
take-offs

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I would rather not change the suspension set up by going to an off sized tire. And since buying two new tires is not in the picture at all I can't sell the rear etc. I may call around I guess and see if I can find the 208 anywhere. I dunno that damn much about tires and what would or won't work that great. bah.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yeah, try calling copper or any other shop that won't rape you on tires, hopefully you can find something. Even if you find one on the net I will put it on for the same price. I am sorry I can't help you that much this time, but I really appreciate you giving me a shot!

-Nick

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its all good. depending on what I find I will probably still have you put it on.. I will check around..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got a D208 on its way to me I ordered off the net.. Should hopefully have it the end of next week. Got a great deal on it too. I would still like to have you install it for me if possible?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
$89.96 from MAWOnline.com! Pretty damn good! I bought my rear from them this spring and they did me right.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts