Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
Ive never rode a cruiser. but I ate a girl scout cookie once, does that count?
depends? I know some time in your life you ate a hotdog wieenie, does that mean your gay? :twofinger

Well my parents found out my gender. So they picked only a girl name Lacey Elaine _______. bought me a bunch of cute little dresses, and painted my room pink with roses... Then when I came out a guy, my mom got so disappointed, she refused to name me, or take me home...

cant you just feel the love
I knew it must a been something that happened in your childhood :neener

·
On'er Student.
69 Posts
So, this thread seems to be old and dead but full of enthusiastic owners. I'm just stopping by to see if I can get the heart of this conversation beating for a few more strokes and walk away with a little advice.
I currently own a Zuki 600K5 and love the piss out of it but some of the riding I do (especially with the girlfriend on the back) isn't really fitting for a bike that loves revving to the moon. So... I'm looking to pick up a sexy and smooth cruiser that is comfy for two people but good-looking enough to cruise myself if I want. I like the style of the M109R and VTX13 as well as the Night Rod and HD-Muscle but I'm looking for more personal opinions on ride quality with/without passenger. Also, reliability, gas mileage and acquisition/insurance cost matter. Thanks in advance for your help. If this it the wrong thread, let me know and I'll step away. Looking to buy in fall or winter when the deals are good and used bikes save money. Thanks again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i own a sport bike and a sport cruiser, the victory 8 ball is often overlooked.
it is a air cooled 100 cu in v twin, belt drive, it has overhead cams and 4 valves per cylinder. 10-1 compression. with only a pipe and air filter kit it turns 11.80 et and 111 mph. that will just about beat all except a M 109 and old or new v max . never lost to a v rod even the SE v rod. if you like american,and are not a HD fan the 8 ball is worth looking at. the bike is a 06 and never given me one problem. the handling is good for a cruiser. the other victory line up is not for me [ custom or tank ] but the 8 ball i like a lot.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
i own a sport bike and a sport cruiser, the victory 8 ball is often overlooked.
it is a air cooled 100 cu in v twin, belt drive, it has overhead cams and 4 valves per cylinder. 10-1 compression. with only a pipe and air filter kit it turns 11.80 et and 111 mph. that will just about beat all except a M 109 and old or new v max . never lost to a v rod even the SE v rod. if you like american,and are not a HD fan the 8 ball is worth looking at. the bike is a 06 and never given me one problem. the handling is good for a cruiser. the other victory line up is not for me [ custom or tank ] but the 8 ball i like a lot.
how some pictures, sounds like a great ride

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a Harley Sportster 1200 Custom. It's great on days I want to put on the half shell and go for a relaxing cruise with friends. It handles great and is decently quick, but I still have to go to the RF for the speed fix.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
It's no sport cruiser but I just got it and love it. 80 lb-ft and 75bhp sure as hell scoot my ass around as much as I'll need.

07 V Star 1300 with corbin bags roadhouse slipon, ultimate seat, and a few other things. Being carless I wanted something that would hold more than just a toolset. :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That is bad ass! Heres my VTX1800F.
Thanks man. Your bike's looking CLEAN!
I just tuned the thing a lil more and found the TPS was out of range and the jetting was off. Now I'm getting rubber out of 1st 2nd & 3rd by hitting the throttle a lil quick. The last time it was on the dyno (test pull, no tuning) we were at 137hp. This next session I'll try to yield around 150-155 hp.
Keep ya posted as to where it ends up.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
My '99 Nomad (no more bags, obviously):

If I keep her, I want to paint her bright yellow or orange.

My '79 KZ1000:

That's an old pic, I have been homogenizing her a bit, more flat black, trying to de-chrome as much as possible.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,883 Posts
Here is a picture of mine. A Vulcan 900 Classic...

As much as I want to like it, I just can't get myself to. It's too heavy, it's too cumbersome, it's as flickable as a lightpole, it's too wide and it is not that comfortable...

The only thing it is really good for is 2 up riding... Needles to say, I haven't rode it in like 3 or 4 weeks.

Attachments

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Sold the Warrior:

Got a Wide Glide:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have Honda’s CBR954RR.Great bike ..An exquisite balance of power and weight that's astonishingly accurate in the steering and handling….

41 - 60 of 70 Posts