Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
I saw that on the new this morning. I had a stupid cary police man follow me for like 10 mins. on sunday just waiting for me to do something. I guess he realized after a while that I new he was back there and wasn't going to do anything stupid. On the news they said they had clocked a dude on a bike doing 155, yikes that guy has some balls.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yea I saw that on the news too. Getting a ticket for 155 in I think its either 60 ot 65 out there, I woulda at least tried to ball out and loose him, but then again, radio does travel faster than words. I reckon its always best to just lay down and take the ticket. That guy got a hell of a lot more than a ticket though haha.

·
Registered
791 Posts
they should give ppl a break instead of 'stealing money' from drivers and calling it a crackdown.

Speed doesnt kill, its lack of skill. They should figure out a way to test ppl's attentiveness and skill level. If they couldnt pass that test after being caught speeding then they should recieve a ticket & points.

I got a ticket in downtown raleigh last week when some punk cop pulled me after i passed a reduce speed ahead sign @ 53mph. It was a 45, but changed to 35 and then because i didnt immediantly hit my brakes, which no one does, he said i had to get a ticket. I see the slow signs i take my foot of the gas, I'm not going to waste my momentum. Especially when the roads are clear in front of me.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
"We're clocking people at 110, 120, 130 miles per hour," he said. "The highest I've clocked someone was 155 mph and that was a gentleman on a motorcycle."

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAH

Gentleman

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah,

I saw that on the news the other night. Good thing he wasn't out when I opened it up on the new 64 but that was only a few days after it had opened up and not too many people knew it was open.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
speed doesnt kill, its lack of skill. They should figure out a way to test ppl's attentiveness and skill level.
Speed and skill have very little to do with each other. ANYONE can do 160 on a bike. It's easy as hell.

Not lack of skill, it's other drivers, expecting you to be doing some sort of sane speed, that will pull out in front of you. If you're doing 160, I can't honestly say it'd be the cars fault if you hit them either.

Me, I've never in my life done anything more than the speed limit. :biggrinag

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
There's a HUUUUUUUUUGE difference between going 80 in a 65 and 155 in ANYTHING. One is understandable the other is fucking stupid.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Totally agree. Most automobile traffic is going 80-85 anyway on 64 all the to I-95. While possible, it seems to me the 155 is an exaggeration - don't think anyone could maintain that speed long with as heavy as traffic is through the bypass. But it's a choice (rather poor judgment) with consequences - those speeds are best left for straightaways on the track.

·
Registered
279 Posts
NiCd said:
Totally agree. Most automobile traffic is going 80-85 anyway on 64 all the to I-95. While possible, it seems to me the 155 is an exaggeration - don't think anyone could maintain that speed long with as heavy as traffic is through the bypass. But it's a choice (rather poor judgment) with consequences - those speeds are best left for straightaways on the track.
I don't know NiCd. I've been on it a few times and it's wide open and I do mean wide open. Very light traffic (after rush hours) and it's wide open. It's very possible. Wouldn't recommend it but definitely possible. I've seen a few people do it a time or not (nah it wasn't me).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts