Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make myself known around here by saying hello. Just a very quick overview of my bike(s).

I owned a 2003 ninja 250 for a month and traded to a 2012 ninja 250 (because the 03 was ugly) then I really wanted to have fuel injection so I bumped up to the 300 and I am in complete love with it. A wonderful bike (except I really wished she had ABS... :(.... )

I've had the 300 for about 2 months now, and have a total of 6 months riding experience. I passed the MSF course about 3 months ago.

Anyway, here's a pic of my 300. :) Got her with 400 miles on her, previous owner was a girl who just wasn't into riding lol so it just sat in the garage.

When I bought the bike it was completely stock, so I threw on a Mussari pipe, short levers, fender eliminator and K&N air filter. She now sits with just under 2k miles.

My plans for the future are to eventually upgrade to a b***** bike(probable next year) (600 or liter, most likely 600 for insurance and mpg purposes) I am completely unsure of which 600 to get... gsxr, zx6r, cbr600rr, r6... they're all good! :(

Hopefully we can get some people together for a group ride or something. I'm 22 years old and live in Ma (by the cape cod region) Hmu if you are around from here.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
looks like a really nice bike, now all you need is a tin foil hat and some paranoia and you will become a contributing member to sportbikes.net ;)

How is the riding up in MA? I bet the temps are dropping pretty quick, we have already had snow here twice so far.

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Congrats! It looks great with the alterations.

And welcome :twofinger <<<--- standard greeting

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Super clean bike, looks like a blast. Don't be in too much of a hurry to upgrade bikes, there's always more to learn even on 250/300. Plus the insurance and mpg on the 300s are great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is the riding up in MA? I bet the temps are dropping pretty quick, we have already had snow here twice so far.
It's getting colder, 40 degree weather is not very comfortable, ears, fingers, legs all get cold...

-I have a balaclava but it leaves imprints on my forehead so I don't like it.
-My gloves are summer gloves lol :)
-I have a warm bike jacket, but no bike pants. So that's why those are cold lol.

And welcome:twofinger
:twofinger

Super clean bike, looks like a blast. Don't be in too much of a hurry to upgrade bikes, there's always more to learn even on 250/300. Plus the insurance and mpg on the 300s are great!
Thanks! Yeah, i'm not rushing, but I do want something with just a little more torque... Especially down low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good looking bike! You sure enjoy riding and longing for better one, 600 would be a lot different.
I'm getting a big promotion at work, gonna be making a lot more money... so i'm considering buying a 600 and keeping the 300. Not sure yet, I still want to learn more before I add another bike to my stable.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Any interest in doing track days in the future? You'd learn a ton taking the 300 to the track. And you could always sell it down the road if you end up hardly riding it once you get the 600, or you want to start tracking the 600

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have an interest in going to the track, but kinda scared tbh. I really don't like pushing myself on my bike. I've seen many videos where someone is leaning and then out of no where they lowside. I sit there puzzled trying to find out what they did wrong, but cannot figure it out.

If I do try the track I'd get another bike that is beat up (trashed fairings or something) Maybe a 250 or something that dropped several times or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts