Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well he called me up today to let me know the other night while he was out with his buddy (the one who has the Kat750 and wants the 1000RR with only 2 months of riding) they were at this club and he said his buddy was getting bored so he drank more and more--they hopped on the bikes (my friend tells me he hasn't been drinking--yeah ok) and riding home--his friend loses it and crashes in a ditch because he is....drunk!!

HELLO!!!?? Of course I ask if his friend is alright..which he somewhat is...has a bad leg--broken I suppose. So I tell my friend I am glad he faired pretty good BUT I don't have much sympathy for someone who drinks and rides. He told me that his friend has rethought the decision to get the 1000RR (good!) and I ask my friend "so when are you getting the Kawi?" He says, "uh...I just decided I don't want to spend the $$ right now for a new bike."

So so far so good....for now!! But I have a feeling when his "buddy" heals and wants the newer bike, my friend will follow...but for now at least he can still learn on his Kat600!!! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
No Sympathy what so ever for those who drink and ride. :boid , At least the other will wait for now and possibly wise up.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, i hope the guy got a DWI, that'll stop his plans for another bike.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
may i ask whats the diffrence between DWI and DUI?? lol i know what DUI is but in other states i entered i see DWI? whats that..

·
Registered
569 Posts
Coloradoon22 said:
may i ask whats the diffrence between DWI and DUI?? lol i know what DUI is but in other states i entered i see DWI? whats that..
They're the same thing. Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RACER X said:
well, i hope the guy got a DWI, that'll stop his plans for another bike.
I don't think so RacerX--can you believe that??? :dunno He didn't mention anything of the cops being there...I'll have to ask that on my next convo..

·
Registered
646 Posts
In jersey, DUI (driving under the influence) is a lesser offense than DWI (driving while intoxicated). DUI i believe is just a lower BAC than DWI. In jersey you only get 6 months suspension of license for first time DUI...

:mad:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Under the original law, the definiton D.W.I. was used for alcohol and D.U.I. for narcotics or other non-alcoholic forms of intoxication. They have since simplified the charge to D.U.I. to cover being under the influence of anything...

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I was wondering when we'd get an update! Too bad about the guy, but what do you expect...
Hope your friend keeps his jets cooled about getting the ZX-10!

For alcohol:
DUI - .08 -.10 BAC
DWI - above .10 BAC

It veries state to state...

It doesn't take much at all to reach .08. Beware!

·
Registered
680 Posts
First, he should concentrate on healing up. Then, re-analyze if he wants that b***** cc bike. And finally definitely reconsider ever drinking and riding again...

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Sixxy, find out the full extent of his injuries...We all know that the people who are in it to be cool instead of riding to ride usually don't make a second trip through biking after a hard crash...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think that the friend should have broke his other leg, its riders like that which make people think bad about the pure sport of the thing.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
It usually takes a close personal experience from an ex-squid to teach another squid.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I still hope he dies.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
King Cobra said:
I still hope he dies.

That is uncalled for.........really! And when you wish bad on others it comes back to you...

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
That is uncalled for.........really! And when you wish bad on others it comes back to you...
I agree... that is just cold blooded. I don't think anyone should die....well unless they have taken a life themselves. I just hope both these guys have gotten a little smarter. C'mon man.... doesn't take a whole lot of brain activity to figure out drinking and riding isn't cool. How old are these guys? sounds like alot of guys my age. Dumbasses.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Well I hope this is a wake-up call for your friend Rsixxy. Usually it takes an experience like this to show a person just how dangerous motorcycles can be.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts