Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He guys I need a bike. I just passed my MSF course and have cash. Let me know what beginner bikes you have for sale. I am in college and have a limited budget so please keep bikes prices around 1500. Maybe an older 500 or something like that. Thanks.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
eddie13231 said:
He guys I need a bike. I just passed my MSF course and have cash. Let me know what beginner bikes you have for sale. I am in college and have a limited budget so please keep bikes prices around 1500. Maybe an older 500 or something like that. Thanks.

wow another new guy. welcome to the board :dblthumb

hmm cant think of one right off the top of my head but i will keep an eye out for you :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I am in the process of spending an arm and a leg for my gear (~800) but know that it is well worth it. I just need a bike now and hope I can get something before this weekend. Thanks for everyone's help :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
First bike I ever had was a 1992 CBR600F2. I came in with NO expereince at all with cycles and picked it up pretty quick. I think I got mine for around 2 grand that the time.

Was a good ride, did its purpose but sucked at 80 but it definity was a good beginner for me.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
In fact...

Now that I think about it I may know someone that is trying to offload his Ninja ZX6r. He's moving to FL at the end of the month don't think he's wanting to take it with him. I'll check.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys. I have a pretty low budget so if the bike has been dropped or whatever that's fine. I just need something to ride that looks decent.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
welcome :twofinger (standard greeting) good luck on finding hte bike, I"ll keep my eyes open for ya.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'd sell ya mine but I would want more for it than what your wanting to spend.

Welcome and I hope you find something soon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'd give someone like 1200 and then payments like 200 a month if they could do that.

Edit: On second thought I don't want to do payments just buy it outright.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
okay, I know you are wanting to go used...buuuuuuttttt (and I highly support that idea), but if you are willing to give 1200 and payments of 200/mo, have you checked any stealerships to see if they have any used bikes that are available for finance? i mean it is a thought.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
on a side note (not implying anything just my opinion) i wouldnt do payments with an individual whether i were selling or buying

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
EricKC said:
In fact...

Now that I think about it I may know someone that is trying to offload his Ninja ZX6r. He's moving to FL at the end of the month don't think he's wanting to take it with him. I'll check.

He'd be crazy not to take his bike to florida. I just moved from there, and it was great riding year round.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
He wants a bike just a new one and honestly his heart is with the cruisers not with sportbikes.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I talked to him today and he doesnt' seem to be in a rush to sell and I don't think he would let it go for that price. I beat he's looking to trade it in on a cruiser or something.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Not a problem, just trying to get another person into something I love.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Eddie he went 180 on me.. looks like he wants to sell now. I'll pm his information to you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Check on cycletrader.com for an EX500 or a Ninja 250 or maybe even a 600 Katana. All would make great starter bikes and all would come really cheap. Plus, many people claim to ride them for a year and then sell for exactly what they paid, so you might not even lose any money on the deal.

IMO, stay away from anything with an "R" in the model name or any 600 that was made after 1993. They'll be too much like a race replica, which will be very twitchy and unforgiving. Despite people's claims that they turned out just fine starting on such bikes, they were likely just lucky. Plenty of dead newbies chose those bikes for their first (and last) bike...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts