Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-- after some time off, im back. I have been lurking for a week or so now, and i like the new board, it seems Most of the crew is still around- im sure ALLOT has changed though--

For me- i sold the YZF in December. I had intended to get a VFR or an Fj1000, but my mother's health took a turn for the worse, so i decided i would honor her wishes and not get another bike. (yes im 31, but a mother still worries)

My mother has been battling edino-carcinoma for 3 years.. the cancer is winning, so i decided to kinda take some time off from allot of stuff to spend some time with her and my family. No bikes, no drag racing the mustang, pretty much just trying to take care of her, my father and sister, and my wife.

Through all this, my health took a little turn for the worse also, anyone that tells you that stress is not a killer is Full of shite...

one thing through all this remained constant- I missed my bike, the comaradrie, hitting the apex of a corner, and standing something up in second gear....

So, im back- 35# lighter, healthier, a lot balder, and longing for a bike again.

Anyway-- glad to be back.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
welcome back, best wishes to the family.....

mach 3 turbo, baaaaaby!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks RacerX- just wanted you to know that many times your words of wisdom on this site saved my ass from doing something stupid on my "little" 600.

Oh and the search is on for a clean SV, or TLR, or FJ1100..used. LOL

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Welcome back!! I am sorry to hear about your Mom though :( At least you are spending time with her and I am sure she loves that!! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rsixxy! Glad to see you and Silent are still around...

Yeah--- it is tough watching the cancer take it's toll on her, but she is a fighter.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
SteedaJeff said:
Mach 3 all the way now!
Weirdist thing, my local Wal Greens sent me (1) free Schick Quatro Razor,???????? and although they are a little more expensive I do think that it was the better razor. Ever tried it?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
SteedaJeff said:
Thanks RacerX- just wanted you to know that many times your words of wisdom on this site saved my ass from doing something stupid on my "little" 600.

Oh and the search is on for a clean SV, or TLR, or FJ1100..used. LOL
well, your just in time, SV prices are comng down. i know of 2 nekkid varients ( 1 local) for around $3k........good deals.

mainly because all the racers have moved to the newer SV's, contingency $ is on newer models only, so the older ones are coming down in price. luv ours!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys-- time to go to teh perverted forums and start contributing (dating marriage and sex life) HAHAHAH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts